Early should I upgrade to DSTwo topic

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by adrian2040, Dec 19, 2009.

Dec 19, 2009
  1. adrian2040

Member adrian2040 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 8, 2008
    I already an Acekard 2i, a SuperCard DSOnei and a M3i Zero. I also have a CycloDS Evolution and a DSTT, but now I just own a DSi since my phat was sold and then my Lite was stolen.

I actually thought that the SuperCard DSOnei was horrible at the start because I just couldn't stand the slow GUI, the cheat compatibility was horrible, adding patches like real time save made games like Tony Hawk Proving Grounds have horrible frame rate and the multimedia capabilities were very lacking.

I use the M3i Zero with M3 Sakura, but I hate the fact that it has some very few compatibility issues, like TMNT Arcade Attack never working at all. Also, my Acekard 2i feels like lacking with features and also have slow framerates with games like Tony Hawk (But not as slow as the SuperCard with patches.).

Now the new Evolution OS has been announced, together with the SuperCard DSTwo. So will buying one of these worth it instead of just using Evolution with SuperCard DSOne? I know it hasn't been released, but I'm asking for opinions in relation to the exclusive features of the DSTwo.

What I'm mostly worried about is how much the extra power would hurt the battery life. How much less battery life would there be per charge? The CycloDS Evolution had a lot less battery life than your normal cart, also even when using the Battery Saving Mode (But it gave you an extra hour.). Also, I'll once again say I know that the DSTwo hasn't been released, but the iPlayer was and it has similar hardware, so I guess we can use this as some sort of reference. I'm also not sure if the extra internal CPU power is used at all times by the cart or only when needed.

Thanks for reading all of these. I hope you for my sake that you can help me. Thank you in advance.
  2. Reibu

Newcomer Reibu Newbie

Dec 15, 2009
    Maybe you should try waiting for responses from buyers of DSTWO once it is out? It is hard to tell whether to upgrade or not when the card or Evolution is not even out yet. I also suffer from compatibility issues like you (probably worse than you) since I'm using a supercard lite (which I bought 2 years ago xD;)so I truly know how you feel right now: stuck with shitty cards that you're not satisfied with.

I'm also considering about upgrading to DSTWO once it's out since I'm really swayed by the feature list especially when I'm using a really outdated card but then again, I'm staying on the safe track and looking out for what buyers have to say first.

So my not so useful opinion is that you should be patient and wait till Evolution and DSTWO are released, look at what users say and then decide basing on their opinions. Sorry if I'm not that much of a help.
  3. Dudu.exe

Newcomer Dudu.exe Advanced Member

Nov 16, 2005
    try check the oficial foruns, there are reviews for the beta of the new Evoltion os!