Hardware Early Adoptors: Was it worth it?

Was it worth it to adopt the 3DS early?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Not sure.

• Total voters

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Okay, so with all of the problems being uncovered with the first shipment of the 3DS, was it worth it to adopt early? Were you one of the ones with a wobbly hinge? Black screen? Dead pixels? Camera problems? ...?

benno300

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The hinge needs to move a bit according to someone who called nintendo,I just encountered the black screen ones so no big deal and I had a dead pixe l at the beginning but Dixons traded it for a new one and the 3d effect is amazing and I really like mine so for me it's a super YES!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YES but i still play DS games on the XL because the screen is to frikkin small compared to xl but in terms of graphics and features yes worth every penny

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally haven't had any of those problems. However, the big problem is that there are no games. I only got it this early so I get get the $100 off for a DSiXL deal, which only applied to preorders (I think). It's also fun to have it on the first day.

ProjectVirtue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
loving it. totally worth it. lotsa of outrageous laughs showing face raiders to my buddies.
making mii's in a group is also hilarious
lag in street fighter is basically unexistant which is nice.
and flashcart still works so i can play pokemon =]

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only good release game seems to be Street Fighter. The others look to be average or worse. I was really excited when they revealed the games last year - like Resident Evil and Ocarina of Time. It's a shame none of these were available on release.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm quite happy. I don't have any 3DS games yet, but I'm getting Street Fighter on Friday, so I'll definitely enjoy it more then.

I haven't run into any problems yet, hardware and software wise, so it's been good.

Sloshy

Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
What "problems"? Virtually all of them are just vocal minorities and/or news sites that make the issues seem much larger than they really are. DS games look just fine when upscaled and downscaled, my hinges are fine, no black screens of death after the firmware update (which is really simple to do, plus you get a free 3D video), and whatnot. Of course it's disappointing that there isn't an eShop or OoT3D yet, but it'll get better as time goes on...

PS: I'm talking about my brother's 3DS. I don't have one yet, as I'm waiting for a red one
wink.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely, buying a system later seems to take a lot of the sheen off the magic. Half the fun is discovering the system for yourself, showing your friends and workmates the new features etc.

Buying it six months after release just feels... Flat.

And no, I haven't had a single issue.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sadly I did get one with abit of a wobbly hinge, but it doesn't change the fact it was worth it getting it at launch, so far played Ridge Racer and Street Fighter which are great games but can't wait for OOT and Star Fox 64 3D.
closedeyes.gif

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It was worth it to me. My DSphat felt like it was on it's last legs, and I needed a replacement. I did have an odd problem with the outer cameras, with one being more yellowish, but I think it was because of some film or grease on the lens. Wiped it and it was cleared. 3D effect works well for me around half-way. No dead pixels, hinge pretty tight, no errors before or after updating. DS games are slightly blurred, but it's nothing that would prevent me from playing DS games on my 3DS over my DSphat. While the 3DS game selection atm is shallow, I still have DS games to play, and soon, more worthy 3DS games will come out. I got Pilotwings, which is decent. If I need another game soon, I'll probably go with SSFIV, though the last time a played a non-SSB fighter was back on the N64 with KI.

All in all, it was worth it.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
IMO the system now should only be worth the DS.
It is incomplete and the features are still mostly the same. Although i like the new wireless support, now i can tether my phone so my 3ds can just connect to it anywhere.

Almost no good selection of games, the promised features arent there, and minor problems that tend to pile up.
i will say it is an investment that may grow over time. But totally not worth the full 250 as it is now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh