OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
thumb160x_ea_bleeds.jpg

When Electronic Arts sacked 1500 employees recently, it also binned a number of titles in production at the studio. Not that they're done trimming the number of games the company releases.

Speaking at the Reuters Global Media Summit earlier today in New York, EA boss John Riccitiello said that despite plans to reduce the number of games he company releases from 50 to 40 next year, that's not where the knifework will end.

"Thirty wouldn't shock me at some point in the future", he said, meaning EA would publish 30 games in a single year.

Let's hope, even if it is a fool's hope, that means fewer iPhone and DS games, and not fewer Mirror's Edge 2s.
Source.

I say for the good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer it if this was Activision cutting games, for every one Call of Duty title there are fifty odd "Fun4All" titles.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hop2089 said:
EA is doing a good job of cutting back on the shovelware.
Indeed, I hope they can keep this up. Dead Space and Mirror's Edge didn't sell as well as they hoped, but on the long term making better games should make them more money.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So much for a Mirror's Edge 2. The first one was pretty boring and repetitive. Also frustrating.

I hope they're still willing to publish "risky" games like Mirror's Edge (the initial idea was really good, at least in theory) and Dead Space.

I found Dead Space to be brilliant. It'd be a shame to not have a sequel of that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's because I'm a Nintendo gamer but I don't quite have many memorable EA titles outside of the Gamecube Bond titles. 007 Nightfire is one of my favorite games of all time, honestly.

Well, odds are they'll still pump out their long living franchises like EA Sports games (and since I loved FIFA '10 I say that's good), but otherwise there's not much I can think of that's a big loss.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have tried to bring back the Strike series as well as the Road Rash series but they never went past beta stage which kinda sets them apart from other publishers out there.

They also had The Dark Knight license, paid a lot for it and in the end scrapped it as it didn't meet their standards. Most companies would have just released any old crap to make back the money.

I'm hoping the next Syndicate game works out and is a part of their line up next year.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
there was a time when EA was really loved (like burnout games) so i guess they dont wanna spoil the long time career esp since nowadays most original ideas have been taken (or thought of) and keeping aloof from repititive or boring titles is necessary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1