[E3 2009] And the winner is...

Which of the "Big 3" had the best conference?

• Microsoft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo

• Sony

• Total voters

jirom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony.
Resident Evil Portable, MGS:Peace Walker, Gran Turismo Portable on October, Lost Planet 2 confirmed for PS3, and Final Fantasy XIV.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
CockroachMan said:
Orc, do yourself a favor and play Golden Sun 1 & 2.. they're some of the best RPGs I've ever played..
smile.gif
Hadrian said:
Golden Sun DS? Meh, played enough generic RPGs in my life.See, this is why I haved mixed feelings about it. I used to love generic RPGs (Chrono Trigger will always remain #1 in my heart) and now I find myself saying meh to them now. I got Star Ocean 4, played to the first boss then I was like, meh why did I even enjoy JRPGs? Same thing when FFXIII was shown, all was lol GENERIC.

My weird addiction to SRPGs is still in me though.

CockroachMan said:
And yes, E3 wins.. much better than last year.. much more new stuff.. E3 is really back!

On another note, none of the 3 conferences had charts and graphs like in previous years, everyone went straight to showing their games.. nice.Yup, exactly. Games games games! I'd love to try out most of the stuff shown in E3 2009.

Hadrian said:
Snatcher > Metal Gear
QUOTE(Law @ Jun 3 2009, 05:14 AM)
Still needs more Snatcher/Policenauts love.
THIS.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion Sony won but I was expecting more from everyone of them. A new Zelda game on the Wii from Nintendo, a PS3 price cut from Sony and something more other than that stupid camera from Microsoft.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion Sony won but I was expecting more from everyone of them. A new Zelda game on the Wii from Nintendo, a PS3 price cut from Sony and something more other than that stupid camera from Microsoft.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Even though I won't be here next year; I don't mean to get off-topic. I am dying to see SEGA's vow about 'superior' development. Hopefully Bioware will show another glimpse of Sonic Chronicles 2; I was highly disappointed by their first attempt, it should of had been put inside a little bit more but it wouldn't matter since the gameplay wouldn't be different.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I don't think any of them "won". If anyone won, it's us gamers, because no matter what your taste, there's going to be something on the Wii/DS, PS3/PSP or 360 to suit everyone.

Personally my favourite announcements have been, in no particular order, and ignoring whether they were known before E3 or not:

-Monkey Island Remake + Monkey Island Episodic Series;
-New Super Mario Bros. Wii;
-Wii Sports Resort;
-Metroid: Other M Wii;
-Mario & Luigi 3, Golden Sun DS both are exciting;
-Microsoft Summer of Arcade XBLA list - Holy crap, between Shadow Complex, TMNT: Turtles in Time remake, Monkey Island..great stuff;
-Castlevania: Lord of Shadows (360/PS3);
-Castlevania: Bloodlines Remake for PSP.

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting. No matter what, as I said, the gamers win, because no matter what you like, there's definitely something for you out there this year.
smile.gif

Edit: If I had to rank the conferences, I'd say that Sony definitely had the most glitz. They showed off a shit ton of games, including some new IP. Very cool, and good for them. Microsoft was next on the glitz level, but fails a little for not showing enough gameplay. Coming to the table with a bunch of pre-rendered videos is lame. Nintendo's conference, as usual, wasn't particularly interesting in the way it was presented. They need to learn how to glam it up a little. The motion technology from both Microsoft and Sony is interesting. Too bad it will take so long to get to market, but when it gets there it will be interesting to see if the so called "hardcore" crowds behind the 360/PS3 will even bite. The vitality sensor from Nintendo is a bit of a WTF? If they built some sort of survival/horror game that changed dynamically with your level of fear, that'd be kind of wild. I'm really curious as to what their intended use for it is.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For me personally Microsoft and Nintendo tied. Both had titles I want.

Microsoft:

Splinter Cell. (First and foremost)
Final Fantasy
COD Modern Warfare 2
and a few others.

Nintendo:
Metroid
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario and Luigi RPG.
and a few others.

Don't have a PS3. but GOW 3 looked good. I'm not a fan of the new PSP but Assassin's creed and LBP should be good.

So I think Microsoft and Nintendo tied for me. But this year killed last year in terms of more fun for the gamers.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Ninty announced GSIII they won on that fact alone. AC2 looks great but only becuase this new one looks more thief-like than ever.

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
We can all agree Sony won.

I disagree.

Nothing else, just wanted to point out that my opposing reply negates your comment.

...oh, and that I thought the new Metroid game looks like it might actually be fun, not that I'd say Big N "won" either. It's all games, man, and at the end of the day the only people who "win" are the gamers as more games means more for us all to play.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, nobody are the winners.. JEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody! All consoles and portables are great machines, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Microsoft had the biggest surprise with their Natal project. Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction looked like very promising games. I don't care about Halo or other FPSs, so that's all I liked about their Press Conference. I might pick up that Modern Warfare 2 game though.

Nintendo just did more of the same stuff they did last year: Disappoint by not bringing anything new or exciting. Just milking old franchises and releasing more 20-40$ add-ons for the Wii. The DS games sound good, and hopefully they'll give some action to my dusty flash cart. Nintendo needs to either fire Cammie Dunaway, or stop having her on the E3 Press Conferences.

Sony's motion control idea seems like a huge rip-off and a cheap attempt to ride the casual train, but the overall games they presented were clearly superior in my opinion (even if most of them are also sequels). I liked that racing game that combines LBP, Trackmania and Mario Kart all in one game. I missed seeing some Heavy Rain stuff on their conference, considering it's a PS3 exclusive. The Last Guardian is the reason that'll make me cough up 400 bucks for a PS3.

All and all, Microsoft and Sony had good and fun conferences. Nintendo's conference was a 90-minute snore-fest

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kernelPANIC said:
Microsoft had the biggest surprise with their Natal project.
Uhh we've know about the camera for about a year and we've known Microsoft was using it for a couple of weeks.

And miyamoto just talked about Wii zelda. Says possibile WM+ exclusive and to think of wii sports archery and sword play as gameplay. He showed a picture but we may never see it.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft stole the show. They even dissed the wii during the natal presentation. Microsoft was all about showing and not telling. Sony and Nintendo should follow this example.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree 100% with lilsypha. We the gamers won. Every single company at E3 had incredible things to show. I'm a Nintendo guy myself and was excited to see-

- Golden Sun DS (epic win)
- Mario and Luigi 3
- Mario Galaxy 2
- New Super Mario Bros Wii
- COP DS (this looks exactly like a console GTA)
- Metroid Other M

I see no reason why we can't just agree that every company at E3 did amazing this year.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natal and the sony motion imo are just gonna become gimmicks
I doubt anything will come from it, they will just go the route of the ps2 eye toy
natal was a ripoff of the orginal eyetoy talking it a it further , and the sony motion controller was a wii mote controller also taking it a bit further
nothing but rip off's

im more concerned about the games, not crappy add ons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.