DVD-RW?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Mrkinator, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mrkinator
    OP

Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Great White North, Eh!
    I'm going to start experimenting on Rock Band 2 customs now (YAY!). Once I finish it, I'll post a guide here (like I did w/ RB1 customs)

Now, I don't want make the mistake I did last time with RB1 customs and burn 5+ DVD-R's...

So I want to get some DVD-RW's. I know that DVD-RW's aren't recommended, but does anyone know of some good one's that work on the Wii?

I'm using Soft-Chip for customs, but I also have Gamma. Not sure if this helps.

2. WhiteWingedKnigh

WhiteWingedKnigh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2008
    United States
    Ummm.....
    As far as i know, no DVD-RW's work, the wii drive can't read any other format except DVD-R (DVD-ROM)

3. nicksasa

nicksasa GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 25, 2008
    Belgium
    yes it can read dvd-rw's but you will get much "cannot read the disc " errors

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    I believe it has to do with your drive chip, maybe yours is capable, just try the best ones and cross your fingers....!!! [​IMG]

5. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    best to test DVD-RW's with an ISO you know works - and test it more than once - if u get it going - try it in and out 10 times
    if that works - delete and reburn and try again

Great if you have it working and best of luck , but they are known to be fickle

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    If you use DVD-RWs you need really good quality media and a good burner. And then it still depends on your wii drive if you can use them or not. Get good media, update your burner and try it with a game you know that it works.

7. exoskelett

exoskelett Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim
    DVD-RWs always worked fine for me. Of course hq-ones from Sony or Verbatim.

8. RomMon

RomMon Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2007
    Netherlands
    I'm using Philips DVD+RW to test an ISO before using a DVD-R.
    I also use them for watching movies.
    I bought a 10 pack about 2 years ago and 3 of the discs are worn-out now (probably after using them about 30 times I guess).

9. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    dvd-rw are the most buggy laggy jumpy pain in my @$$ for me. Someties theyr un fine, but seems like everytim ei accomplish something and get almost to the save point i get disc cant be read lol. dvd-rs are my best friend

10. Mrkinator
    OP

Mrkinator Neil Peart Wannabe

Sep 28, 2008
    Canada
    Great White North, Eh!
    Okay, thanks everyone! Maybe I'll just stick with DVD-R's, since I have a stack of 30+ with me [​IMG]

But still, this is good for future reference [​IMG]

11. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    I use Fujifilm DVD+RW if I want to test a game, and it always works - no exception.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice