Hacking Dvd read error 324

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hy again!
smile.gif

well I had same problem,then I had occasional luck with different speeds, sometimes maxell worked then sometimes sony,on 2.4 x if moon is full and sea calm..
huh.gif

If your wii is 2 years old or maybe less (mine was) and you dont live under glass bell,then its dirty,and when you clean its lenses (aftershave in my case...) it will read all crappy cheap dvds no mather how fast or slow you burned them..

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii only reads burns sitting down. If you stand it up on its side, it will not read them!! Anyone else have this issue? Heh, anyone else used to stand up their PS1 to stop it from skipping?
smile.gif

superman101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ya, i rmember seeing something about image type and how to change it, i have no idea what thats about, im trying to burn zelda(i used dvd dump) onto memorex at a speed of 8x using imgburn. is there anything i need to do

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to clean my lens tonight, I have a launch unit, its probably yucky in there.

I don't have a tri-wing, I was going to use a regular CD/DVD lens cleaner with the little brush (with some windex on it).

In using my friend google, I have found posts saying that this will not work, because the Wii will not recognize it, therefore will not spin the disc.

If I put it in the gamma loader, would that work? Gamma spins everything. Has anyone tried this?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
324 error is for media/burn issues and/or cIOS unproperly installed.

Solution:

Burn on other media brand/writter and reinstall the cIOS gamma loader, if you are on 3.3 or 3.4, downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS and IOS downgraders, and then reinstall the cIOS....!!
smile.gif

ffc123

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much mate read your post after having this problem for a few days and it has worked. My backup games would load on another wii but not on the one i had downgarded the software from 3.4E to 3.2E. After the install i had forgotten to reinstall the cIOS for wii gator. Thanks you're a legend.
lecture.gif

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, it fixed the same problem I got once I managed to run a downgrade, then update to 3.2E with Anyregion Changer (except I used the offline installation, by downloading the files on Wiigator's blog, then putting them in the root of my SD Card (like I did the first time I installed it, and so when ti was working fine).

funnyjeremy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newb here, but I have googled (and googled and googled and googled) and I still can't find a resolution to my problem so I belive this is the right forum and thread to post my question...

I have a wii, on firmware 4.0, with homebrew and WiiGator's Backup loader installed. I get the same error 324, but I know it's not my discs because I pulled the disc from my brother's wii which played them fine. His is an older v. 3.3 with twilight hack and bought his wii and fully prepared prehacked system on ebay and it works perfectly, mine... not so much. On my sd card's I have boot mii (installed from the boot 2 position), IOS38-64-v3610 wad, IOS36-64-1042 wad, private (Came with the bootmii/hackmii installation download), installer.txt (came with the bootmii/hackmii installation download), boot.elf, hackmii_installer_beta2, and my apps folder with: Anytitle Deleter, Backup Launcher, cios installer (the one that came with Wii Gator's BU Loader, with sonic on it), CIOS36 for usb loaders rev 9, CIOS38 rev 13b for usb loaders, custom cios IOS 249 installer.

I have tried ALL those cios's and tried to installed them, but nothing seems to work.

1.) The one with sonic won't work because my wii isn't online.
2.) The rev 9 CIOS installer won't work, I get to where it says "Installing ticket... ERROR! - ret= -2011"
3.) I get the same error ret -2011 on rev 13b and rev 7

No matter what I still get the 324 no cios error. After having sucessfully installed homebrew and backup launcher, I feel really close and don't want to give up, but I was at this day and night all weekend and this is my second day bringing it to the office trying to figure it out. I'm still unsure of what a wad manager is and maybe I need that, please can someone help me seal the deal on this one?

Jeremy

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found the right tutorial for me, if anyone is having the same problem go here http://www.yafaze.com/forums/viewtopic.php...&p=327#p327 it is the only thing that worked for me and I have tried many things.

Etkar.H

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
pawi94 said:
Dvd read error 324 solvation:
Once you got this file, put it in you appsfolder.
Load it from hombrew channel.
When you're in the menu you have to find the "IOS menu". hmm fuck i don't remember.. hehe well prob delete the IOS 249. Well yes it's IOS 249 that you're going to delete, i checked it up!
Once thats done, try to run your backupgame through backuploader. Woala it works!!

Please respond if you got it to work is i did
smile.gif
)

I promise it will work!
So far i have downloaded Wii music, tv-show king (testgame), Super paper mario (luvs it), Excite truck (pwnz), monopoly (hehe, pretty good game though)
and resident evil, umberella something.

Erm...
It now say DVD read err (324) no cIOS
Somone please help me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A friend give me a $35 cigar, and pssf, just as good as a $5 one. But of course gonna have to tell him it was awesome.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    What makes a good Cuban rum soaked cigar is a nice cosmopolitan to go with it.
    +1
    Used to do that every time I went to Miami on business
    There was this little bar I would stop in have that combo and watch the beach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never met a girl named cosmopolitan, but cool. And where do you insert the cigar? Mr clinton
    Slightly more than 35 dollars lol but I was making thousands on a job.
    Cosmopolitan is just vodka and cranberry juice lol
    I'm a martini glass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My dental assistant is Cuban I'm gonna have to him for cigars and sandwiches now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea wish I could get Cubans cheap, they are ridiculous priced up here. But they are hard workers.
    I think I was paying like 75 back in the early 90s
    Rolled on the thighs of virgins if the stories are to be believed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we belive any of your stories
    That's honestly for the best lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd read his autobiography.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "If I may have done it."
    I'm deliberately vague about some of the details sure it's been 30 years but some crimes don't have limitations
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis sex life is Dubai
    FB-IMG-1717887564361.jpg
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or I picture its like quagmire from family guy, gigity.
    +2
    Back then I was so wasteful with money, didn't bother me to spend 600 bucks in a strip club, some of those private dances though... Lol
    My life back then was a mix of Breaking Bad and John Wick and Dumb and Dumber lol
    The things we do as kids so lucky to be alive lol
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja:
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Kids put chocolate in their pockets :ninja: