DVD Playback & ISO Reading without MODCHIP?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ltfx, Mar 16, 2009.

Mar 16, 2009
  1. ltfx
    OP

Newcomer ltfx Member

United States
    A friend of mine recently tipped me off that it was possible to play DVD's and Backup games without a MOD Chip. Unfortunately, he only heard about it and didn't know much about it which is why I am here.

DVD Playback:
    I did some reading and found this thread:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119938

The thread is dated very old, is this still valid? Is "MPlayer DVD" still the only functional Homebrew App that allows DVD Playback?

Backup Games:
    I don't know where the heck to find this and I did some searching. Nothing clearly states "Playing backed up games on your Wii", and if it does I apologize but I am not perfect and I missed it [​IMG]. This is the email I received from a local person doing the process (I tried to get him to tell me what it's called but he didn't :\)

Can anyone answer the questions I have? Thanks so much!

2. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    backup launcher search for it. You should really read up before posting so we can avoid noob topics. Theres a sticky called NOOB PARADISE, this is for you please read before you post

3. sgwiiboy

Member sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    LOL, the sticky threads in this forum with the word "loaders" in them should point you the right way OR the NOOB PARADISE will help.

4. ltfx
    OP

Newcomer ltfx Member

United States
    I can't read up on something I don't know anything about or even exists, that's why I asked. Now that you told me what it is, I can READ UP ON IT. Your response makes it look like I ruined your day, and if that's the case, el oh el. You need to be a little more welcoming to users that aren't well informed, you were once the same way [​IMG].

Thanks!

Any ideas on the MPlayer question?

5. Valgreen

Member Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  6. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    Dont be telling me what i need to do. Youre the one that doesnt take a look around and see backup loader every 3rd post. We have to keep people like you from junking up the forum with a question thats covered a million plus times. You need to be a little more self reliant as we all were at some point. On ANY forum there are stickies, especially when one says NOOB PARADISE, or even A THREAD OF GUIDES THAT WILL HELP NOOBS. Had you took a second to look at that you wouldve seen everything you needed to know, and this forum wouldnt be junked up. Focus on what YOU need to do. Im loading backups fine thanks

7. ltfx
    OP

Newcomer ltfx Member

United States
    I will go check out that link now! thanks a bunch!

8. forbore

Member forbore GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I think he understood the first time... At least he actually did TRY to find some info. Most noobs out there probably never even used the search button. Gosh, some people need to be more patient *points up*...

EDIT: Points a little higher...

9. ltfx
    OP

Newcomer ltfx Member

United States

[​IMG] I think I'm all set, thanks for the help everyone. I might actually start playing my Wii again due to these two homebrew apps! Thanks again!

10. deceptica

Newcomer deceptica Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It's so funny when people get upset a 'noob' question. Because they know the answer surely everyone else should, right?

Glad you are on track now anyway ltfx. Homebrew is the only reason I've bothered to setup the Wii that was given to me.

11. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    MPlayer CE is the best version.

Soon it will have USB 2.0 Reading speeds from USB devices.

It can read both DVD movies and Data DVDs that have video files stored on them.