mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a few DVD rip files on my computer that I'm trying to burn onto a DVD-R disc.
I have a few questions, and need a little help because I have no idea how to.

DVD rips:

File A
size: 700 MB
format: .avi

File B
size: 740 MB
format: .mkv

File C
size: 730 MB
format: .avi

I use Sony 4.7 gb DVD-Rs
I use Nero to burn all my DVD rips...that i already own...legally...like everyone else here
rolleyes.gif

When I tried to burn File A and C, but Nero said it wudn't fit....wtf?
but i burned it again, but this time using, Windows DVD creator (i think thats what it's called) and it burned flawlessly. But wen i put the DVD into my dvd player and the video showed up, but the audio was missing...
Is this a computer problem? a file type problem?

File A plays in Windows media player with audio on one of my computers, but on the computer with a DVD burner, it had an audio playback error.

As for File B, it is .mkv format, and i dont know how to burn those.

I'm not sure what i should do. Whether it is codec supports missing, a bad burning software, or what?
HELP PLEASE!!
wacko.gif
unsure.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FAVC: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=106677 or http://favcfavc.googlepages.com/
It acts as a frontend to some of the most respected freeware video tools around (I dare say as good in quality to anything in the sane commercial range (maybe if you pay several thousand you can come back but until then...) and maybe 10% slower for some things) can take just about everything as input and can make menus for up to 8 titles.
On the advanced menu (the rightmost tab) select use directshowsource instead of AVIsource, add ensurevbrmp3sync() to the second box down and trim(100,0) below it.

As a rule of thumb 2 hours for a single layer DVD and 4 for a dual layer although you can break that fairly easily and not suffer.

mastermanna123

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
As a rule of thumb 2 hours for a single layer DVD and 4 for a dual layer although you can break that fairly easily and not suffer.

Thanks a lot FAST.
But do dual layer DVD's have playback on dvd players?
i have never used (not that i know of) dual layered dvd movies on my dvd player.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have yet to go hardware and media shopping in Bangladesh although I am guessing it is mainly cheaper Chinese and Malaysian hardware like a lot of the rest of the Indian Subcontinent (I have or people I know have spent a fair bit of time in that part of the world). This presents a bit of a dilemma in what I say next for in many ways the cheap unknown Chinese stuff is superior to the more expensive stuff from Japan/similar when it comes to compatibility and lack of restrictions (usually because they ignored the convoluted licensing stuff in favour of making something that works well) but there is an equally large amount of junk out there.

In general the more modern stuff usually works OK; most commercial DVDs are dual layer DVD rom (if you get a pause for no apparent reason about halfway through a film for a second or two that is the most likely reason), you do not however burn DVD-rom but DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL.
I frequently see drives (both burning and reading) unable to handle the +R DL version though and they offer no real advantage (5 megs more space) so I would avoid them.
Booktype changing should work though (read the wii forum if you are not familiar with it, many have been doing it there recently for the wii) if you do manage to find some DVD+R DL discs.

Of course aside from the 360 and similar I have not used a dual layer disc in many years: plain DVD5 works well enough.

What I would suggest is trying to find an xbox and softmodding that to use XBMC, if you can get a torx screwdriver set (Torx 20 and Torx 10) you can do it with a basic PC (see hotswap method).

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try ConvertXtoDVD. It supports mkv, subtitles and it compresses the movies so they fit on one disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1