Hacking DVD Media Wearing out?

djcraze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I had burned Super Mario Kart Wii and it worked fine for about a day.. Then I got the Disk Read Error, and tried another burn of a different game which worked perfectly (Super Monkey Ball). After that, and trying to get Mario Kart to work (continuously ejecting and putting back in), it never worked.. SO I just reburned the game on a different media type.. THe game then started to work again. However, two days later it will no longer boot. I have gotten it to boot up twice, the first time I got a black screen with Disk Read Error, the second I got into game play with a Disk Read error.

Is this happening because my DVD-R Media sucks, and is just wearing out?

Also, as another note, if I eject the game and put it back in, after some time It wont accept the game anymore or let me eject it (when it doesn't let me eject it doesn't notice a game in the drive). Any Ideas on that as well?

I did some searching before hand, and wasn't able to find anything definitive. I saw that the Laser can become worn out, and then I read htat it was just a myth? Whats the status on that also?

Much appreciated!
Thanks!

djcraze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My chips firmware is up-to-date. My chip is the D2Pro, with firmware 1.4

Am I the only one having this problem? Can you just burn once and have it work for longer than a week?

The DVDs I'm using are:
HP Lightscribe DVD+R 16x (burning at rates from 2-16)
Imatation DVD-R 16x (burung at rates from 2-16)

Thanks,
Kyle

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
djcraze said:

Am I the only one having this problem? Can you just burn once and have it work for longer than a week?

The DVDs I'm using are:

Thanks,
Kyle
Try A LOT better discs. Verbatims for example.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i just have a question, how can a different brand of DVD not work as well as others. i know some brands are cheap, but why does everyone use verbatim, would sony or hp be good.

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
i just have a question, how can a different brand of DVD not work as well as others. i know some brands are cheap, but why does everyone use verbatim, would sony or hp be good.
I've never had trouble with Memorex discs, if you cant get verbatims locally like myself

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
samsam12 said:
It was example samsam. I'm using BENQs, SONYs and TDKs, I have only one Verbatim.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
how can a different brand of DVD not work as well as others. i know some brands are cheap, but why does everyone use verbatim, would sony or hp be good.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

That's why everyone uses Verbatim. Look at the dye HP uses, then ask the question again. I use nothing but verbatim's on my 360, and I haven't burnt a single coaster in over 30 burns. My Wii also didn't seem to like anything but Verbatims and TDK.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
djcraze said:

The DVDs I'm using are:

Thanks,
Kyle

hmm, try burning at a lower speed than 16x i think its much better.

i cant be sure though because i'm only into softmodding atm lol, i ordered a wiikey about 3 months ago but it never came coz i forgot to pay
tongue.gif
. so i just left it and a few days later i found out about the twilight princess hack lol.

off topic yes. i know you never asked for a life story

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you leaving the discs in the sun? UV will toast them properly quickly.

Which drive are you using to burn them?

The brand is pretty irreverent really... MID and country they came from and drive/firmware used to burn them paint a better picture.

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i personally have had similar experiences with tdk dvd-r, i bought alot since they were recommended and for whatever reason they just stop working after a while. i have about 20 or so games that simply won't work. the wii just refuses to read them. thing is, i have dirt cheap ASDA own brand disks that work fine. when i first got my wii chipped i bought them because they were the only disks available at short notice and they all still work fine, that was months ago.

djcraze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got it to work... I burned at 4x as apposed to 2x or 16x, which the Wii now reads the disk like a normal disk. It has yet to give me any types of errors. I have also been able to burn Super Mario Paper using 4x and it read perfectly, which it wouldn't even read before with several other burns.

So I think, this may be the ticket (knock on wood).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...