Hacking DVD Err(1208), Disc ID

Shadeblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I tried to run the very same disc on two different Wii's with the exact same NeoGamma version. (NeoGamma R9 b45, cIOS57rev19 slot 249 says the bottom corner).

In one of the Wii's, the game runs smoothly, ironically is not mine. Mine just gives me the same error over and over.

Any tips? Something I may be overlooking? (I just reviewed the NeoGamma versions of both Wii's, quite a noob at this stuff)

Quick responses, or any help at all, are deeply appreciated.

EDIT: HOHO! I tried a different DVD brand and it's running smoothly. Glad it wasn't the drive. *Rushes off to play*

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Maybe your drive is about to die, or dirty. It give me the same error every time.
Try load retail disc through disc channel, and check if you experience any problem to load games, test with a dual layered (Smash Brawl or Other M)

Shadeblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Release date Wii. I remember taking it to repair sometime in 2008, but I don't think that would affect anything, now would it?

Also, for the one who suggested the lens are dirty. I HAD to clean it in order to downgrade it from 4.3, so I'm pretty sure it's not that it's dirty. Although I'll try cleaning it again once I get my Lens cleaner back.

And no, I don't get any problems trying to play retail discs, even Brawl plays just fine.

Shadeblaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the "cIOS57 rev19" bit what you're asking me about? If not, how/where do I find this out? (Had to read all the guides about IOS before posting)

Sorry if I seem too clueless about it, I wasn't the one to directly softmod the Wii since I didn't have the means. And that same person is clueless as to why it's not working.

Also, would you suggest getting a better DVD brand? Naming some would be appreciated.

EDIT: Let's say my driver is dying (which seems to be the case). Would the only way around this be for me to switch to USB loading? (I truly hope not, I can't afford that anytime soon)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill