Homebrew Duplicated FBI apps after update.

js100serch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone. I'm a total noob at this so this is what I did.

I recently bought a second hand New 3Ds XL with an existing custom firmware. The first thing I did was to update FBI using the in app option that says "Update FBI", updated no issues.

Since the console already had Luma3ds v10. I used the popular 3DS Hacks Guide, just to update to the latest Luma version and stuff. After installing those Metroid games you see there, I found that I had two FBI apps. Now, the original one is in Spanish (top left), because I'm from México and the other one (bottom right), was created somehow, is in English.

How can I delete any of them?, I would like to keep the one that is in English, but how?, or, which one should I delete?. I tried to use the app manager on my 3ds settings but there's only one FBI there. I like keeping things clean and organized, how can I just keep one FBI without breaking something?.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, I think that new FBI app appeared as a gift box after updating FBI. Because when I connected the console to my router, two more gift boxes appeared too.

Thank you!.

Attachments

• IMG20220429214815.jpg
    IMG20220429214815.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Chances are the first one was a Health & Safety app inject.

I would just ctrtransfer to a known good/clean state instead of carrying on with using whatever the previous owner did, because you don't know what they might have done, and we can't know either. So if you have issues in the future, it'll be hard to get any kind of proper help.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ctrtransfer.html

(backup save data and games beforehand)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I'm a total noob at this so this is what I did.

I recently bought a second hand New 3Ds XL with an existing custom firmware. The first thing I did was to update FBI using the in app option that says "Update FBI", updated no issues.

Since the console already had Luma3ds v10. I used the popular 3DS Hacks Guide, just to update to the latest Luma version and stuff. After installing those Metroid games you see there, I found that I had two FBI apps. Now, the original one is in Spanish (top left), because I'm from México and the other one (bottom right), was created somehow, is in English.

How can I delete any of them?, I would like to keep the one that is in English, but how?, or, which one should I delete?. I tried to use the app manager on my 3ds settings but there's only one FBI there. I like keeping things clean and organized, how can I just keep one FBI without breaking something?.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, I think that new FBI app appeared as a gift box after updating FBI. Because when I connected the console to my router, two more gift boxes appeared too.

Thank you!.
If you haven't formatted the 3DS when you first got it i suggest doing so now. Also copy/paste the sd card contents to your pc (for now), and reformat it again as Fat32 32kb cluster size, and follow the steps here to install all the latest FBI, GodMode9 etc and other homebrew apps.

js100serch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you haven't formatted the 3DS when you first got it i suggest doing so now. Also copy/paste the sd card contents to your pc (for now), and reformat it again as Fat32 32kb cluster size, and follow the steps here to install all the latest FBI, GodMode9 etc and other homebrew apps.
Can't I just uninstall one of the FBI apps?.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro