Dump DSiWare Title

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by JohnTravolski, Aug 2, 2017.

1. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    I purchased a DSiWare game on one of my old Nintendo DSi systems a long time ago called "Flametail." I have been unable to find a ROM of this game anywhere online, yet I would still like to have a rom of it for emulation purposes. If possible, I would like to be able to dump the game from my own DSi so that I can still play it after that system breaks for good. Unfortunately, Flametail is NOT a game that's on the 3DS eShop, so I cannot re-download it there. In fact, this old DSi that is about to break seems to be the ONLY way I'll ever be able to play this game again, so I would really like to be able to obtain a .nds ROM of it before it's too late. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to start. Would somebody please point me in the right direction? Thank you very much.

2. windwakr

windwakr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Transfer the game from your DSi to your SD, grab a tool called dsi_srl_extract, then take the game bin from your SD and drop it onto dsi_srl_extract.

Last edited by windwakr, Aug 4, 2017
    zoogie likes this.
  3. JohnTravolski
    OP

JohnTravolski GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Thanks! I appreciate it!