Homebrew Dump DS BIOS from 3DS?

CyberTails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey There

I was wondering if there's a Homebrew application that'll dump the Emulated DS BIOS from a 3DS to use with something like DeSmuMe?

Last edited by CyberTails,

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading a DS homebrew app capable of dumping the DS bios and see what happens, you never know it might work. Just google dsbf dump.

Last edited by Vanth88,

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I did. I had a DSOne a while back and an R4 as well, but for when I gave up my DS, I gave up the flashcarts too
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to GalladeGuy by the way lol
And a DS flashcart is the only way, so either download a BIOS online or get a new DS flashcart I guess

Reactions: GalladeGuy

CyberTails

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to GalladeGuy by the way lol
And a DS flashcart is the only way, so either download a BIOS online or get a new DS flashcart I guess

Thanks anyway, I'll just use DeSmuMe without a BIOS and see how it runs (I really wanted it to play Puyo Pop Fever online anyway :))

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah hell I'll try it. I dumped my DS Lite's bios a while back but I've lost the files (I'm sure they're here somewhere). When you download a bios online you're also getting the profile, name, and stuff like that. So while you could download a bios, it's not customized. As far as I know it's also not possible to alter a firmware from desmume (unless they changed it).

D

Deleted-236924

DeSmuME should run just fine without bios/firmware files.
To help make it run faster you can enable dynamic recompilation which should massively speed it up.

What's the advantage of having the bios files anyway?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
DeSmuME should run just fine without bios/firmware files.
To help make it run faster you can enable dynamic recompilation which should massively speed it up.
What's the advantage of having the bios files anyway?
Some games uses the console information (such as Prof. Layton Series) to calculate something. So i can not import the Password from Desmume Save to 3DS one.
However the rewards are just some illustrations, and I finally got those from the walkthrough.. easily. So Problem solved for me.
In fact, BIOS emulation would infer LLE (Low-Level Emulation) and it is HLE-ed(High-Level ..) if without the BIOS.
HLE runs faster on PC and LLE runs almost accurate always. So in fact the bios file may lead to a speed decrease. That's all what i know about the DS BIOS for emulation.

D

Deleted-236924

Somebody have a GBA bios for mGBA?:D
And with a bios,mGBA will go more fasteri n an O3DS?
bios files are copyrighted content, and as such, may not be shared on GBAtemp, and asking for them is also against the rules.
You will have to rely on your Google-fu.

Do keep in mind that there seems to be a few different versions of the gba_bios floating around online that are bad dumps and may give you problems.

a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6 is the md5 of the proper gba bios dump.

Last edited by ,

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
bios files are copyrighted content, and as such, may not be shared on GBAtemp, and asking for them is also against the rules.
You will have to rely on your Google-fu.

Do keep in mind that there seems to be a few different versions of the gba_bios floating around online that are bad dumps and may give you problems.
AAAh ok.Sorry,I didn't know that:P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv