Hacking Dummying/padding Cube backups

swaaye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was pondering whether there would be a dramatic benefit to padding/dummying the small Gamecube backup images to fill up a DVD-R. Putting all the data at the outside of the DVD should get the most from the slow 3X read speed.

I haven't figured out the best way to go about doing this though. Or whether the Wii will recognize such a Gamecube image? There's the problem of the Cube image being unrecognizable to all ISO file editors I tried....

I ask because I was trying out RE Code Veronica X thru the Backup Loader and found the intro video to be very stuttery. It must be surprisingly high bitrate video. The Cube's drive can't be much faster than 3X. Of course, 3X on Wii may only be at the outside of a full-size DVD.

swaaye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an idea. The multi-game GC ISOs fit multiple ISO images onto a DVD. So, how about using that process to make dummy data or dummy ISOs or some such?

swaaye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well hmmm.....

I gave it a shot both in "full image size" mode and in "3gigasize" mode. That could mean a few things. 1) Padding doesn't improve speed 2) there's something else wrong with the video 3) the speed is still too slow.

Ah well
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: