Duckstation - Controller config?

Sevrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've downloaded Duckstation for Switch via the RetroNX discord but I'm not able to configure the controller.

There's a section for Switch controller API but ingame no buttons are being picked up. If I try to change anything it sets the selected option as a directional button. Loading an existing profile i.e dual shock 4 gets some buttons working but directional controls are a mess.

Does anyone have a config file to share or know where I can download from? Not sure how to map anything at this point let alone bring up the quick menu.

Thanks

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I mapped the controls manually tbh. I can find my config file if you're stuck, but you should be able to do it through the menus.

Sevrei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I mapped the controls manually tbh. I can find my config file if you're stuck, but you should be able to do it through the menus.

I found the issue. It seems Duckstation wouldnt detect my joycons when I was using it undocked but it picks up my pro controller fine.

The new issue is if I open Duckstation when docked the image is massive. I'm not sure how to fix this but as soon as I take the switch out of the dock things look fine.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found the issue. It seems Duckstation wouldnt detect my joycons when I was using it undocked but it picks up my pro controller fine.

The new issue is if I open Duckstation when docked the image is massive. I'm not sure how to fix this but as soon as I take the switch out of the dock things look fine.
I don't know if it doesn't fully support docked mode or if you need to change resolution manually or what, I haven't tried it docked. You might be best off asking in the discord channel you got the download from to be honest.

Cocoloco222

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have a question, how can I use the joysticks? It only leaves me with the crosshead and I can't get used to it, how can I configure it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended