Dual monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by VashTS, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010

Dual monitors by VashTS at 2:15 AM (544 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

Mar 14, 2009
    Upstate NY
    United States
    So i've used dual monitors PC and TV side by side to watch movies and such. I want to be able to send a program to monitor 2, while still using monitor 1 as my main display. I can watch a movie (as i type i am watching Tim deteriorate due to making tiny tigers!) and use the main display but PJ64 bugged out on me. I could leave it windowed and play NFL Blitz and surf and stuff, but when it was full screen it would not display properly. Anyone recommend any good programs for my Nvidia Geforce 8400GS to do wacky things with my dual display. Ab so lutely.
  2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Welcome to the fold, hopefully when you have to use a single display it does not end up too bad.

Tricks: windows is fairly bad when it comes to dual display (not as bad as out of the box X mind) so try setting the other monitor as primary.

You say laptops which have a hard time turning off the monitor (can be bad in films) so you might try something like http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/0...top-lcd-screen/ (I had a little app that I got from somewhere that put a "switch" I could click with a mouse but I have no idea where it was from.

Other than that Ultramon is pretty good paid for software.

Widescreen gaming often faces many of the same problems as dual screen so check that out:

I would not suggest gaming outright as the bezel runs down the middle of the screen on two monitors making crosshairs and the upcoming level a bit difficult (even more so if you are running different size screens), still http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/ is perhaps worth a look (there is a hardware equivalent but they are hideously expensive).