wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
DSx86
NEW NDS Homebrew
dslite.jpg

Pate has announced an x86 EMU for the NDS. The project is currently 4 months into development and shows promise. For more information and a DEMO check the links below.

Special thanks to Pendor via IRC for the news!​

download.gif
Off-site Download
icon11.gif
Homepage
icon11.gif
Project Post
discuss.png
Discuss

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wicked cool!!! I can't wait until this can run DOS games; been waiting for someone to do this for a while. I do have one question though: Can/will this emulator make use of expandable ram (i.e. Opera ram cart, EZ ram cart)?

Short list of games I'll be playing (hopefully) when this x86 emulator is complete enough to run them:

Times of Lore (CLASSIC!)
Any of the AD&D games
EGA Trek
Zany Golf
Zeliard......and
old school Duke Nukem

Keep up the GREAT work Pate!!!

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
elfsander said:
Can it run Windows 7?

Sorry, it only emulates a 186 (basically a 286 without protected mode) so you are limited to Windows 2.11 or lower (that's 2.11, not 3.11). At least Windows 2.1x can take advantage of expanded memory once that is emulated (probably via ezflash 3 in 1 or similar).

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nl255 said:
elfsander said:
Can it run Windows 7?

Sorry, it only emulates a 186 (basically a 286 without protected mode) so you are limited to Windows 2.11 or lower (that's 2.11, not 3.11). At least Windows 2.1x can take advantage of expanded memory once that is emulated (probably via ezflash 3 in 1 or similar).

Damn, Windows 2.1 - now THAT'S high-tech. I need this emulator.

Sarcasm aside, does anyone know if Maniac Mansion 2 would work? That game is pretty cool, and I'd love to play it on the go (then I'd have both games on my DS - I'm kind of annoyed the second one was only ever for MS-DOS PC and that we still haven't got the first one on Virtual Console. Have a motion-sensitive cursor with it instead of the annoying scrolling cursor, and it'd be perfect).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more