tongue.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whats the big deal about ds download play?
and does the "ds download play" include wifi? (thought ds wifi was called wifi play)
if so then throw me on the list of complaining hobos on the forum.

i perfer wifi play, seems everytime i see a boxart with "Wifi" on it i get excited even if the title is "Barbie Vs Elmo Smackdown 2008" nintendo really needs more wifi games i think.

and isnt 100% compatibility better? i'm still mad about harvest moon ds not working on ez4 lite (crashes on axe) when everyone else got it working. i dont want to go through that again it emotionally scarred me even though the game wasnt that great.

harvest moon ds almost made me cry, then i played cooking mama which is somewhat wrong, least i major in culinary

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
and does the "ds download play" include wifi? (thought ds wifi was called wifi play)

i perfer wifi play, seems everytime i see a boxart with "Wifi" on it i get excited even if the title is "Barbie Vs Elmo Smackdown 2008"Â nintendo really needs more wifi games i think.

and isnt 100% compatibility better? i'm still mad about harvest moon ds not working on ez4 lite (crashes on axe) when everyone else got it working. i dont want to go through that again it emotionally scarred me even though the game wasnt that great.

harvest moon ds almost made me cry, then i played cooking mama which is somewhat wrong, least i major in culinary

DS Download play doesn't include WiFi

WikipediaNintendo DS Download Play is the system in which Nintendo DS owners who don't own a game can still play the game with someone who has it.

Wireless multiplayer comes in two styles: multi- and single-card play. For single-card play, the player with the actual game will boot their system and select the single-card multiplayer option. The other players will then select "DS Download Play" on the their units and will receive the necessary data to play the game. The data is lost when the system is shut down.

Another form of download play is in the form of kiosks at stores. These are DS Download Stations. Nintendo has sent out DS units preloaded with various movies and video game demos; store owners simply set them up, along with advertising the download station. They can be found in video game specialty shops like EB Games and GameStop, as well as retail chains like Target. Demos vary from store-to-store.

lars

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Topic is: "DSX vs. AceKard"

Step 1. Buy the devices
Step 2. Compare the... stop! Go back to Step 1!

Hmm, I only can buy the DSX. Ok.

Result: Get a DSX.

Do not argue about things you dont know. Do not guess. Do not read FAQs and promotional shit on websites. Get the devices and test them by your own.

macismonchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
completly agree to lars ...

and i want to add that DS-X is way overpriced, who cares about any missing download play when you can buy 2 acecards with chips for the same price as one DS-X
smile.gif

However, i wait for the upcomming Slot1-solutions but i would not say that the 4Gbit DS-X has a good chance of beeing able to compete with them. Time will tell ...

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

i perfer wifi play, seems everytime i see a boxart with "Wifi" on it i get excited even if the title is "Barbie Vs Elmo Smackdown 2008"Â nintendo really needs more wifi games i think.

and isnt 100% compatibility better? i'm still mad about harvest moon ds not working on ez4 lite (crashes on axe) when everyone else got it working. i dont want to go through that again it emotionally scarred me even though the game wasnt that great.

I believe wifi works fine, but download play (i think meaning single cart multiplayer) has some problems; not working on all games.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
For the price, I think I will get an acecard to replace my current superkey, and use it in conjunction with my supercard lite. I still like my supercard, but I want an option to play the roms that supercard doesn't support (like Tony Hawk Downhill Jam). For £30 for the acekard (less than a night out on the booze), its worth it.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i can not compare the two because i have not tried the acekard but im sure other people cant here as well its not even tried any of them. so if i ever try the acekard i could answer this:D

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country

putamierda

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just orderd my aceKard, 100 % ROM Compatibility is what I want.

Where did you order it from?
Is it available in english?

I order it from http://www.bamboogaming.com/ for only £31 inclusive of postage

Cool, are they reliable? Do you know when it's due to arrive? I see from they website that they are in Australia!
http://www.bamboogaming.com/shipping-cost/info_5.html Says "The shippment will take Approx. 7 to 10 business day to Australia and other Asian countries. 14 to 20 business days to Europe and America."

However I've ordered it on 5 December, and today (8 days) I've received a message that I wasn't home so I have to pick up a package from China at the post office. Which I assume is the AceKard of course, but it was quicker than 14 days.
smile.gif

Do know though that they will not send the box, just the card, as said on the left top on the site...

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bamboogaming are very reliable I found. I bought 3 Acekards and 1 Kingston Micro SD off them. I ordered on a Sunday morning, I received them on the Friday! Pretty good going i'd say considering it was shipped direct from China.

BTW if you are comfortable with the quirks of the Acekard, it really does the business.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F