DSTWO... Where to buy...

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by jceggbert5, Oct 18, 2010.

1. jceggbert5
    OP

jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    USA, Earth, MilkyWay
    Mmkay... I'm seriously planning on buying a DSTWO, but I need to know one thing - Is it worth the extra $4 to get it delivered a potential 1-2 weeks earlier by buying it from RealHotStuff, or should I just get it from ShopTemp and wait the 7-21 days or whatever?

http://shoptemp.com/products/Supercard-DST...e-DSi-p-97.html

http://www.realhotstuff.com/supercard-dstwo-p-499.html

Opinions?

(also, don't say ShopTemp just because it's a partner site, tell me how it is please...)

A sub-question: how reliable is RHS anyway?

Thanks!
    Your Friendly Neighborhood Egg

2. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Lets see, when the site first launched, I bought an acekard 2i with 2gb memory. Just regular shipping.

It took 10 days. Ordered on April 11th, got here on April 21st.

Now that the site is up and running just fine not being bombarded, it should be just fine to order from Shoptemp. And no I'm not just saying that. I was very impressed by how fast I got my shipment considering I live in western Canada.

3. kevan

kevan Imagination rules the world

Dec 4, 2009
    Place
    If you live in the US. Probally RealHotStuff.
    If not go with Shoptemp.

4. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I've order plenty of carts from realhotstuff and it always arrives in 3 days or less
    carts are in great condition too and they use boxs to send their cart so no damaged packages

if you're in the US, I say go with RHS

5. jceggbert5
    OP

jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

Dec 1, 2008
    United States
    USA, Earth, MilkyWay
    Mmkay... Ordered from RHS yesterday and got shipment confirmation today.

Hopefully I won't be disappointed!

Took them a while to claim the money from PayPal I sent them though...

6. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    I'd have to agree, if you live stateside and want your flashcart earlier, pay a little extra and get it earlier from RHS.

I'm in the UK and we don't have local retailers owing to flashcarts being illegal to sell now, sell but not buy from outside countries like Hong Kong.

7. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Here would be good in the future.

AND YOU ORDERED NOT FROM ME?!? ME?!?!?!?

JK. LOL.

8. Tokyo Jihen

Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2010
    United States
    California
    When I ordered from RHS during the summer, it took like 2-3 days for it to get delivered. I live in California, which is pretty much across the country from RHS, so I was happy. What I wasn't too happy about is that they sent me a defective Acekard 2.1.

9. hiello

hiello Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2008
    Canada
    I live in Vancouver, BC, I want to order Supercard Dstwo from shoptemp, I was wondering if the prices are in canadian price and was there extra fee when receiving the package?
    I hope customs don't look inside of it. lol
    Please and Thanks.

10. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    ^ prices are in USD, at least you can choose the currency (but at checkout the price used is always the USD price)
    also, no you won't have to pay any extra.

and by buying from shoptemp you are supporting GBAtemp [​IMG] its not just about where you buy and all, how long will it take to receive it... take that into consideration.

11. hiello

hiello Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2008
    Canada
    Thank you. Yeah, I heard good reviews about shoptemp from forums reading but I wanted local online website and I found a website and they aren't restocking the supercard dstwo. [​IMG]
    I just wanted to do local because I don't want customs checking what kind of package is being shipped in.

12. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    to be honest, if a local shop is getting in enough stock to canada to sell online, i think your 1 card will be fine. i've shipped so many thousands of products to canada as an ebay power seller and i've never had a single (knock on wood) problem. go with the $1 shipping and then open a ticket on shoptemp and ask for them to put "gift" or "happy birthday" on the shipping label. they are really great people and they are always willing to work with the customer to complete the order correctly.

-another world

13. hiello

hiello Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks for the information. I have questions on their shipping options. If anyone can help me.