www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ok so now i know ill be getting the ak2i for its price and compatibility
whats up with acekard2i vs acekard 2.1?
which is better, ak2i or ak2.1?

keep in mind that i can buy both because i have a ds lite
im looking for a kart with good built quality and have no problems fitting it into the ds and no problems fitting in the microsd card
i also want no contact issues

so which one is better for me ak2i or ak2.1

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Personally of those 2 - I would choose the Ak2i.

There were problems with AK2.1's & if you brought one you may get 'old stock' & get stuck with one of those (even though AKAIO 1.7 is suppose to get around this fault - I don't know if it actually does)

Also - if you decide to upgrade to a DSi/XL (or even possibly a 3DS) - then the Ak2i firmware is also 'upgradable' (but you may need to wait for the fixes), whereas the 2.1 isn't

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
so i should get a ak2i over a ak2.1?
Shouldn't matter at this point.

There was the 'bad batch' of Acekard 2.1's which had issues with savings due to them using a different Flash Memory chip. However AKAIO 1.7 should now work with them.

Personally i'd go with the Acekard 2i just in case you later get a DSi or DSi XL. We also know the 3DS will be backwards compatible. Presumably Nintendo will block the flashcarts, but as the Acekard 2i is able to upgrade it's internal firmware, there's a chance you may be able to use it to play DS games on the 3DS. The internal firmware on the Acekard 2.1 isn't upgradable.

freeze1987

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Since the last post dates back from June 6th, 2010, I thought I'd bump this back up.
I've had a DS Lite since the beginning and gave it away along side my Acekard 2i last year to my sister.
Today I bought back a DSi and am looking for a good flashcard to go with it.

Seemingly Acekard 2i hasn't been officially updated in four months, but AKAIO has been updated today. The other compatitor (hence bumping in this thread) is the DSTWO.

Are there any major differences today or is the Acekard 2i just as compatible with AKAIO? I'm not looking into GBA, e-books or any of that, just pure NDS.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went for the Acekard over the DSTwo for these reasons:

Battery life on the Acekard is second only to, if not equal to the R4. They have the least battery drain of any major kart, beating them by quite a lot according to tests that were posted here on the forums. The DSTwo has it's own CPU and it drains the battery more.

Last I heard SNES roms don't play perfectly on the DSTwo, hopefully they'll patch it so they do someday, of course. Of course trying to play a SNES rom with an Acekard will suck. Same goes for GBA rom compatibility with the DSTwo(Edit I mean it isn't fully compatible), however you could buy an Acekard and EZFlash 3in1 and get perfect GBA rom emulation for the same price. I got an Acekard because it's cheaper and it's all I need, and I have the option of either buying an EZFlash 3in1 if I can find it cheap, (by the way, if anyone wants to get rid of theirs let me know), or buying a DSTwo if the price drops and I find out it has perfect GBA and SNES emulation and reliable updates, and I can still use the 8gb memory card for both.

I bought my Acekard from ZhuZhu because they offered free replacements to anyone that had a defective Acekard (even if you didn't buy from them), and I was worried about getting a defective one that wouldn't fit well into the DS, so that seemed like a good bet. They seemed very kind. They are also an official dealer listed on acekard's website and had basicly the lowest price. Their paypal account was frozen thou, so I had to pay using an italian version of paypal,, and that went fine no problems.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be worth getting an Acekard if I already have a DSTwo? When I first was deciding what flashcard to get the GBA emulation sucked me in, but I don't care about any of it anymore, nor do I care for the supa ultra cewl CPU only features and just want to play games and homebrew.

I'm really picky about battery life, and the DSTwo supposedly drains extra battery, and even more in patch mode. Clean mode has it own ploblems, with most games freezing after exiting the menu/area I'm in after I save, taking 5 seconds extra to change screens, and two games have had the save corrupt when restarting from the freeze when I save.

Simply reading the topic titles of the Acekard forum (X game won't work, how to spot fake acekards, etc.) has deterred me though.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Geting a extra Acekard 2i is a good option for you, because some guys dont care about the extra features, they just want to play games and homebrew. then ak2i will be the best choose, Battery life of DSTwo is always a problem.

Dont worry about the fake cards or sth, you can easily find out whether your ak2i si from official site. here is method can help you http://www.ozgame.com.au/2011/09/02/how-to...s-real-or-fake/

And as far as i know, this site is a trustworthy site to buy, http://www.digitopz.com/acekard-2i-p-25.html

You can also find more shops in shoptemp.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Acekard 2i
Pros:
-Cheap
-Antipiracy Bypass
-Cloud save

Cons:
-only for Roms
-too many clones out there, so you have to be careful

Supercard dstwo
Pros:
-Antipiracy bypass
-built in AR code maker
-can play emulators

Cons:
-expensive
-not much support on the extra apps

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
huh? what games aren't compatible with the acekard?

and the dstwo battery life isn't as good as the acekard but i didn't think it was thaaat bad, is it?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
caribou007 said:
huh? what games aren't compatible with the acekard?

and the dstwo battery life isn't as good as the acekard but i didn't think it was thaaat bad, is it?

1. Almost all games are compatible and if there is something that isn't compatible, it'll be fixed quite soon.

2. Depends on what you do with it. Playing GBA with the emu (or other CPU heavy programs) will drain the battery faster, but I haven't found the DSL/DSiXL battery taking that big a hit when playing DS games..

-Qtis

ps. Listing a flashcart expensive is quite odd since the thing is till only a fraction of what features it holds and what games can run on it (obviously it'll just cost more if you buy the games, but in this day and age I'm being realistic that not everyone buys their games).

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the battery life seems to vary.
This thread says that the DSTwo had an hour to an hour and a half less than the Acekard, but the contributed results say they're about the same. The maker of this thread I found on google, while not about the Acekard, claims his dstwo lost about an hour and half compared to his R4.

Something unrelated is what cannonfoddr said in that said in the last page of that second confuses me, assuming he's the same person who made the first topic I linked to, since he said the DSTwo drains less bettery than retail carts on that one, and that it drains more one the second one.

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your concern about what I consider expensive among flashcarts, Qtis, I appreciate it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go buy a new bike to do grocery shopping with. One that uses full-carbon metals, high-quality aerodynamic shaped components, cable-routing tubes and teflon-bounded liners.

konel01

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've been using my AK2i for a while. from DSi to DSiXL and now with my 3DS. the community around it are always quick to update and patch for firmware updates and work around for games with AP. i'm happy with the support behind my Acekard2i. that's good bcuz i can't afford another card now
tongue.gif

trueblu8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a dstwo and an ak2i. Couldn't resist because the ak2i was on promo at zhu zhu for $13 shipped. Anyhow here are a couple of things that I noticed. They both work great. Dstwo can copy, cut, delete, and paste files. Ak2i has these options in the menu as well but are not functional yet. They both can use snes emulators. Dstwo has NDSSFCv1.05 which you can d/l off their site. While visually it looks very good I have found it to freeze and lag a bit. Maybe there's a setting that I need to adjust or something. Idk. I did find it surprising that the ak2i can also run a snes emulator called SNEmulDSv06a. Now while visually it is not as appealing, it may be a bit blocky or pixelated at times, or the top of the screen may get chopped off, it seems to run quite smoothly. I'd tell you more but I really haven't had a chance to play around with them too much. Just wanted to add my own little experience in here.

oran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You could get a Supercard DStwo if you happen to want to play GBA games,and supercard has more features than ak2i.But it is more expensive than ackeard...(you know acekard 2i is only $16 at http://www.oz3ds.com/product.php?id_product=16, but you need to pay twice as much as that to buy the dstwo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.