CtotheFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.
I got my DSTWO in the mail today, and I plugged it in and put all the needed software, and put it in my 3DS. However, when I went to use the USB again, it wouldn't work. Tried on 3 computers. MicroSD looks crooked in the USB.
I am putting it in right, though, as i'm putting the SD in the same way I did before.
Help?
Photo on 2013-02-07 at 7.45 PM.jpg

And the USB I have is right here.

CtotheFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I realized the photo upload failed.
Trying again

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-02-07 at 7.45 PM.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 269

darksweet

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. OMEGA FLARE
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I got my DSTWO in the mail today, and I plugged it in and put all the needed software, and put it in my 3DS. However, when I went to use the USB again, it wouldn't work. Tried on 3 computers. MicroSD looks crooked in the USB.
I am putting it in right, though, as i'm putting the SD in the same way I did before.
Help?

And the USB I have is right here.

SO IT'S NOT working anymore... buy a new one... is a micro sd reader usb type and its cheap you can buy that anywhere...

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I second darksweet's suggestion of buying another, but not because "so what, it's cheap". It's for a technical reason.

Look at the microSD's files again. Are some named weird names, like "USBCè", "USBN.âo¶7l³1" etc.? Does using the Check Disk tool in Windows tell you some files are corrupted? (My Computer, right-click the USB reader's drive, Tools, Check Disk)

If so, that's why you should discontinue using this reader. At least mine did this - dunno about yours.

Therefore I'd sooner go with a USB microSD card reader: http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MobileMate-SDDR-121-Bulk-Package/dp/B0012Y02CE/ref=pd_sim_e_3
or a multi card reader: http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Flash-Memory-Reader-TS-RDP5K/dp/B001NS828K/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_4
or... well, I have a slot built into my computer for cards, so I don't need those at all.

CtotheFoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The MicroSD readers that come with flash carts are pieces of shit and you should never use them in the first place, unless you like them randomly dying, corrupting files as they overheat, and potentially kill your MicroSD itself.

I bought a 16 GB MicroSD with a Lexar Card Reader. Looks better then the one I had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: