Hacking DSTWO Skins

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
updated my DontPanic, Tron, and GreenNeon themes to 1.07

i also did a little rearranging on the DontPanic top EOS pic to make more space for 'game name' text, and made an updated .ds2skin for it
11530-test.jpg

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question for vato or anyone really when i dl the dont panic theme ,it says you should use the
borderless icon pack,im really new at this so what will that do exactly? i mean if i dont have all the apps that the package has icons for will i see icons in the menu for apps that i dont have?and what happens when i finally do install an app that i didnt have at the time i installed the pack ,will it be the original app icon or the one from the pack that shows up in the menu ,im confused

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
@totalnoob617, thanks for giving the DontPanic theme a spin on yer DStwo.

you absolutely dont need to install the plugs from my pack for DontPanic to work, its just a personal recommendation.
the theme will look just fine with the regular plugin menu icons,
i just like the 'borderless' ones because they use the whole 40x42 for the pic, not just a 32x32 pic and the rest is frame around the pic.

and no, the plugs wont install automatically with the theme, you need to add them yourself (if you so choose).
also, you dont need to put em all on yer card, you can pick and choose which ones you wanna use =)

hope i helped rather than confused you =D

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks vato but i knew that it i didnt need the borderless icon for it to work ,but what i was wondering about is i saw another post somewhere awhile ago from you and i couldnt figure out what the vato packs were ,if they were just icons for for the apps or the actual apps themselves and your custom icons that you dl in 1 zip/rar ,and is there a difference between an app and a plugin?or is it the same thing,like i been reading about moonshel and launching programs from it and installing it as an os instead of the os for the card so does 1 have to run from the card os, eos in my case(dstwo)and 1 have to run from moonshell?or are there homebrew that can only run from moonshell?seems like on he main eos menu for my card there is limited room for icons ,there is the nds,snes,gba,and moonshell icon and i installed lick and that launches from the main but looks like you can only put a limited # because of the dots at the bottom and how it loops,havent seen an icon by you for lick btw:)so yea it would be great to be able to dl all the hb software in 1 zip/rar
then just extract on the hdd and drag what i need to the card so is that wht the vato paks are?

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i forgot when i dl the eos for my dstwo it had moonshel in the rar/zip and when i go into moonshell i see this extlink folder with a nester file looks like its executable but i tried putting some nes roms in a folder on my card and then i tried to run the nester in moonshell (it came in there i didnt put it there)but then it looks like its going to load something like the emu but it just freezes is the nes emu supposed to included in the new ver of moonshell or are you supposed to dl something extra or am i doing something wrong and thats why it dont work for me?i just dont get why its there,i dont see any other files with th name of emulators

joe2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
>

Download latest version from the thread, unzip & run the program
> Start up 'DS Skin Maker'
> Select 'DSTwo' from the list of flashcard/Homebrew
> Click on 'Select' from the menu bar up top
> Select 'Modify Loading Screen' option
> Use the program & browse to a 'DSGame.nds' file
(Once loaded you should see a standard 'Loading' screen)
> Click on [Load] & browse to a suitable replacement 'loading' picture
(Once loaded the screen should now show the new picture)
> Click on [Apply] & answer the question if you wish to make a backup or not
(The backup will be called DSGame.nds.bak)
> IF you changed a 'DSGame.nds' stored on your PC - transfer the newly modified version to your DSTwo

OK did all of the above - but please tell me where the finished product goes? SD root directory? Its not clear...

Ah no I got it DOH! It replaces the one already in the _dstwo folder - sorry chaps, should have seen that!

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I made a few, even though I don't use the imenu
I made it for a few people I sold dstwo to
now they want me to make matching UI skins to match
wacko.gif

imenuFF7Cloud.jpg
Mario.jpg
pokemonBW.jpg

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
RoMee said:
I'm surprise there's no section for imenu skins
There's a few reasons why there's no imenu skin section

> Imenu is not part of the official dstwo firmware
> imenu is 'in development' so things may change
> As said no skins have been posted yet
> And most important - I'm on holiday and cant get free internet access anywhere (this post is costing me a fortune on payg)
But I might add it when I get back

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have there been skins made for imenu yet? xD I know it's still in beta and all, but it looks so cool.

EDIT: I'm silly. Don't mind me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o