DSTWO plus and SNES/GBA plugins

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BORTZ, Dec 3, 2015.

1. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    So in my messings around with the new DSTWO+ cart and have a few questions. When the DS2+ was announced to have SNES and GBA plugins, I didn't expect them to be the same ones that DSTWO uses. Once I got that all sorted out, I tried them out.
    1. Are they any faster than the vanilla DSTWO? Games both SNES and GBA seem to run just like they did one the old cart.
    2. Am I doing this right, the plugins they offer are run in DS mode? Not 3DS mode?

2. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Using CATSFC and tempGBA yeah?
    (Or BAGSFC, I'm not sure which one is better between that and CATSFC tbh, it's been a while.)
    I thought DSTwo+ was supposed to have better internal processor than the original, so if they run the same as they did on the original that's a bit disappointing.
    And maybe stupid question, but you've got CPU level set to 5, yeah?

BORTZ likes this.
  3. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    My dumb answer is: that I'll have to check. On the one hand, the ds2plus is supposed to have a 2x processor and 4x the flash memory. It does seem to make the in game ds menus faster, like the cheat pages and load/save states. On the other hand, when I was messing with the CATSFC option, the menus seemed to be really weird. The "fluidity" option didn't offer me anything but "prefer audio". So I might have to mess around some more.

Another side note, the DS plugin didn't seem to be able to see my cheats, even though I copied my whole dstwo card over.