DSTWO, just a white screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LoggerMan, Aug 16, 2011.

Aug 16, 2011

DSTWO, just a white screen by LoggerMan at 1:25 AM (1,604 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. LoggerMan
    OP

Member LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So I ordered and received two DSTWOs to use on my 3DS. Following instructions on the website, I put "DSTWO_v1.11_0723_eng.zip" unzipped and "DSTWO Fireware ver 1.09" unzipped on the root of the memory card. Put it in 3DS, see the Alex Rider and click on it. But I just get a white screen on the lower screen, nothing else. Then I read that I need to change "dstwoupdate.dat" to "dstwoupdateb.dat", but some again, white screen.

So now I'm realising that I won't be able to figure this out and I am probably going to break both of the DSTWOs and brick the 3DS.

I have Ver. 2.1.0-4E on the 3DS.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but as I read page after page of forum help on supercard.sc all written in Engrish and all referencing older guides which reference old firmware versions, I really am never going to figure this thing out. I just get more and more of a headache and get tempted to just throw them all in the drawer and forget I ever even bought them.

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    We have a ds2 beginner's guide, check the supercard subforum in the nds forum

3. LoggerMan
    OP

Member LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ah, cool. I followed the guide but I still get the same problem, just a white screen. I have a phat that I tried it out on. I tried googling "dstwo whitescreen" and the top result was... this very post. Maybe it's just a dud DSTWO. Or maybe I broke it. So I don't know whether I should move on to the second one, I might break that one too.

EDIT: Although the guide doesn't mention it, am I meant to be seeing just a white screen on the lower screen? Is that what users see when it is updating or whatever? I tried leaving it for three minutes, but should I leave it on that white screen for longer?

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    just do the method for an older ds (ds/lite/i/XL), that's the only one guaranteed to work