DSTWO Help

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mr.Blackmage, Dec 22, 2012.

Dec 22, 2012

DSTWO Help by Mr.Blackmage at 6:24 PM (453 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Mr.Blackmage
    OP

Newcomer Mr.Blackmage Newbie

United States
    Hey guys, I'm new here and I wanted some help on something. I recently ordered a DSTWO to use on my 3DS however my 3DS is on the latest firmware update and as far as I've seen, the only way to update the DSTWO to work on the 3DS is by updating it on an older DS which I don't have access to. My question is if there is a way to update you're DSTWO flash card on a 3DS system with the 4.4.0-10 firmware. Is there?

2. gamer765

Member gamer765 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can update the DSTwo even if your 3DS is updated since the DSTwo has an onboard CPU that operates independent of the 3DS. I believe there is a how to on the DSTwo website.

3. metroid maniac

Member metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

United Kingdom
    Download this file, open it, place dstwoupdate.dat on your SD card, rename it to dstwoupdateb.dat, place it in your 3DS, start it and leave it at the error screen for 5 minutes. It should update behind the error screen and when you restart the console it should work.

4. Mr.Blackmage
    OP

Newcomer Mr.Blackmage Newbie

United States
    Cool, thanks guys. I'll try it when it arrives.

5. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Some of the online retailers will preflash for the latest firmware before they ship out the cards as well. I've been looking into it because I am getting a 3ds xl with mario kart 7 tomorrow for christmas and a dstwo after the new year.