DSTwo compatible micro sd cards?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sampson, Jul 13, 2015.

1. sampson
    OP

sampson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2008
    United States
    For some reason the card I've been using with my Acekard 2i/Blue Gateway flat out does not want to work in DSTwo. I tried running Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow's intro video because random games were glitching out to find it skips and runs like complete garbage through the DSTwo. Take the same card, place it in my Gateway and it runs fine.

Tried a reformat, etc but it just doesn't want to use the card. Is there a current list of cards that are verified to work with this? I came across some but they were so old that the cards are no longer on the market.

The SD card in question is a Sandisk Ultra class 10 16GB card

Edit: also I wrote the latest update 20150705 to the device as well. Still no go. Also tested a 64GB variant of this card and a 2GB regular Sandisk class 4. I wonder if this thing just really hates Sandisk.

Last edited by sampson, Jul 13, 2015
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    try to format using this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
    format type full overwrite, adjust size ON

the dstwo should support any card up to 32gb...

sometimes it can't detect my card and i have to insert it 3-4 times trying and error several ways of inserting (insert making pressure on the side for example)

3. sampson
    OP

sampson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2008
    United States
    Same deal, video still skips like crazy unfortunately. I've tried every single Micro SD card I own and they all cause massive skipping in the intro video. Unfortunately they're all Sandisk so there's that but I'm starting to wonder if this firmware is bugged or the cart just doesn't work. I've also tried using my DSi XL, 3DS XL and New 3DS XL. It just does not want to play nice.

I read that using EOS 1.11 supposedly helps however when I put that on the SD card I get a warning that it cannot find the software files.

4. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Maybe it's the DSTWO that's the problem, not the SD card. Just a suggestion. Assuming your Sandisk cards are legit, they should work fine. Did you buy them from a major retailer or some shady internet person?

5. sampson
    OP

sampson Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2008
    United States
    Purchased from nds-card.com along with a microsd EZF4 for GBA. That one works fine.

6. cocoPika

cocoPika GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2014
    Canada
    Format to FAT32
    have you tried other sd card or other card adapter? these maybe also the question.
    You can also try to copy that 3 files in DSTWO_V1.1.2 file into the root of sd card
    3ds-cart