dstti fakes

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by gottuhaveit, May 26, 2010.

May 26, 2010

dstti fakes by gottuhaveit at 3:18 PM (628 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. gottuhaveit
    OP

Newcomer gottuhaveit Advanced Member

United States
    WTF I placed an order through the gbatemp shop a little over a week ago for 2 dssti flash carts and I received them yesterday. I went to put the firmware and update on the carts and it would not accept the update. I then ran the checker to see if the dstti carts where fake or not and I almost shit when it said that they are fake. This site is the last place I thought would sell fake dstti carts. I put the firmware on the carts for that will not kill them and when I try to play a game I just get a white screen. Wow this really sucks and damn sure does not look good for the gbatemp shop. I mean why in the hell would they sell fake carts knowing it and deceiving the members. I am really upset about this and I certainly hope I get it all ironed out some how. I have also started a support ticket for these flash carts and am waiting for a reply.

2. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    In ShopTEMP's defense, perhaps their supplier (whoever that is) gave them fake ones instead of real ones and they didn't know it? I know that this has happened to other reputable sellers of DSTT cards and other flash cards...

3. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    Please do not misunderstand what I am saying. I do not believe they did this intentionally but the fact of the matter is that it was done and I am the one left holding the bag so to speak. That is what this forum is for right. I have also submitted a ticket as well and I used the file from ndstt.com to check the carts to see if they were fake and that is the site on the front of the carts also. I also believe you about them not knowing about the fake carts either.

4. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    I feel like such a stupid ass. I am so sorry gba for posting this about the flash cart. I used the wrong file to check the carts. Now I have the correct file and it is saying that the carts are real so I have a different issue and will post it elsewhere. Again please accept my apology for this dumb ass mistake of mine. I should have known better just like I said I would never expect this from gbatemp and of course the cards are real and not fake. SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOORRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY

5. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Even if it was a fake it wouldn't really matter, I think DSTT doesn't make any new updates anyway.

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Why pick the DSTT these days anyway?

R4DS with WoodR4 is a buck cheaper and a mile better.

Ah wait, DSTTi, still why get one of those, Acekard 2i is just $3 more.

7. fabi280

Member fabi280 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I received a DSTTi last week and it was NO Fake!

8. gottuhaveit
    OP

United States
    WTF did you guys not read where I apologized and said I was completely wrong. Sheez some people read one post and forget about the rest of the thread.