DSTT Wood Update Project

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Elvarg, Mar 4, 2011.

Mar 4, 2011

DSTT Wood Update Project by Elvarg at 5:07 AM (3,727 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Elvarg
    OP

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    Im going to try look for ways on how we can update the wood to play newer games it might be easier then the infolib.

Ok here is the structure from what i know.

All this information here is data compared for the infolib

Example One[/p]

Code:
    59 45 45 50 B4 CD 00 02 00 C4 3F 02 A0 1A 01 02 01 00 00 00
    Ok

The First Four Digits (59 45 45 50) would represent The game code(YEEP)

Next Two Digits B4 CD(or maybe 00 as explained below) would be only be found in arm9 places so they are big bytes.

Next Two digits are 00 02 these are found as arm9 data and are found in the same places where the digits above are^^

The B4 CD 00 Could be together since there has to be a small byte next to them making it possibly 00 same as 00 02 00

C4 can only be matched under the top starter on the second row ARM7 data

3F 02 is only found in ARM9 places

A0 1A is only found in the 3rd row where sometimes FF FF FF FF is not there it is arm9 data

1A 01 is found at the same place where B4 CD is found

02 01 00 00 00 is Always found at the bottem it usally starts at 90 then 02 01 00 the rest of the 00"s are FF"s this part is always true on bypassing

Here is a earlier map of the infolib.

[​IMG]

Ideas?

@jurassicplayer meh the loading happenes in the ttmenu.dat and im preety sure i know where its coming from,the wood just came out i think alot of people will have the same reaction you did.

The DSTT might be similar to the R4 but it runs in a completely different way

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    I don't understand what the hell you are trying to do...WoodRPG/R4 is open source...someone just has to know how to port it...There is only a problem if someone ports it without providing their modified source files. Supposing everyone follows the policy with WoodRPG/R4, there isn't really a reason to have an update project...just having one guy updating it is fine (just look at Gaboros in the M3 section)

3. Elvarg
    OP

Banned Elvarg Zyzz™

Australia
    damn this is just the infolib part i dont know where the ap is located.

4. Gaboros

Member Gaboros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hungary
    I don't know it is a working way or not but that is sure what jurassicplayer said: wood is open source. But we don't have the source of the WoodDSTT. This is the first problem. The second is YWG currently locked his SVN so even if we would have the DSTT port source code we couldn't update it to 1.26.

And wood make game fixed this way. Example:

Code:
    static const SPatchInfo3 info10[]=
    ÂÂ{
    ÂÂÂÂ{0x50544742,0x0206cb78,KMemProtMe,0x0206a8b0,true }ÂÂ//BGTP: 5537 - Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)
    ÂÂ};
    So I don't know this way for fixing should work but I think not. Maybe I'm not right.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Since it's under the GPL he has to make the source available. This doesn't mean that it has to be posted for the world to see, but he should give it if requested. I'm looking into why the google code page was locked and where to get the source from now on.

6. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    Looks like someone has pissed off YWG by making a DSTT port without him. That is why he locked the code.

Edit: Spelling

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    It was locked earlier this week. I doubt that has anything to do with the lock.

8. impizkit

Australia
    Unless he knew something before we did.

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    [​IMG] Are you implying that there is some kinda conspiracy going on here?

10. impizkit

Australia
    Im not implying, but speculating.

11. greenwizard

Newcomer greenwizard Member

Guatemala
    Is there a way to contac YWG and see if he can do an dtts update? or at least give the source so someone can make it an fo course make public the source of the new woodtts?

12. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
    The 1.26 from WOOD is out,
    somebody know how to modify the WOOD4TT to release the 1.26 too?

13. Gaboros

Member Gaboros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hungary
    Port wood to works other cards only possible if you have the source of the latest wood. But YWG has locked the source.

http://code.google.com/p/woodrpg/source/list

Mine WoodR4 for M3 has also stuck at 1.25 because I don't have the source of the 1.26. But even if the original source of wood 1.26 would be available you couldn't update your version because you don't have the source of the Wood4TT.

If you want to update wood you must get the latest original source and make modifications on it to run other cards.

Edit: you have to wait to get the original SVN unlocked and the creator of Wood4TT to update his version.

14. greenwizard

Newcomer greenwizard Member

Guatemala
    Well, even if we don´t have the woodtt source, someone should still be able to create a new one, we now it is possible
    but i think someone really skilled should work on it, instead of breaking the head trying to get the source, create a new one
    maybe using as a guide the existing one to have in mind how it should look like at the end.

But we still need whe woodr4 source [​IMG]