DSTT "unofficial" updates

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010

DSTT "unofficial" updates by Another World at 8:05 PM (6,130 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG] DSTT "unofficial" updates
    Scene News
    [​IMG]

Pong20302000 and retrogamefan have been maintaining "unofficial" updates for the DSTT Flash Kit. They will be releasing an update at the end of each month. Their hardwork is being mirrored all over the net, but for the most up-to-date files be sure to check the link below.

[​IMG] GBATemp Project Post

2. Samus_aran115

Newcomer Samus_aran115 Member

United States
    Sounds good. You guys seem competent, so I'll ask. Can you guys make a theme editor for this "new" firmware? The general look of it is totally different than the old firmware, and I'm getting sick of looking at grey.

Sorry, if that was a "request".

Anyway,thanks a lot! I'm not sure why the team gave up, the DSTT is pretty popular, it works fine...I don't know. Good luck! ^.^

3. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yes, that was a request. The very first line said no requests. They should have known better, the best way to get people to beg for things is to ask for no requests [​IMG]

4. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man, I loved the DSTT, but then it became too much of a pain to update it and the only available firmware didn't do much for me.

I hope this works out.

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I suppose that's pretty nice huh? Do you think it'll last though? The DSTT never really got that popular, and people may consider it deader than the R4 (before WoodR4)

6. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    great work guys... more like a team whereby if one person does a mistake, the rest suffer too

7. Akane

Newcomer Akane Newbie

France
    Hi! This is great stuff you've done here, but I have a question: I've read some time ago about fake DSTT and checked mine and I'm not 100% sure but it may be fake (damn it! I bought it on a serious site, though...). As I've read that the latest official firmwares have a fake-killer code, I wonder: is your firmware based on one of these deadly ones, or is it safe to use with a potentially fake DSTT? [​IMG]

8. anime999

Newcomer anime999 Member

Canada
    YSmenu doesn't contain the fake killer and if you get the latest unofficial ttmenu update (a12) it also has the fake killer removed, basically its safe.

9. Akane

Newcomer Akane Newbie

France
    Thanks! I'll try it right away, then [​IMG]