Hacking DSTT still freezing

Night_walker852

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Two days ago, I got a DSTT for myself. At first it worked fine, but then I tried adding another game, it freezes at the load screen.
It freezes after i press on the game to play. The cube load thing goes for like two spins, and it stops completely.

I have checked if it's real or not. It's real.
I've got the newest kennel from them

Right now, the root of the SDHC card is: (edit: The SDHC is 4gb)

TTMenu
TTmenu.DAT
TTmenu.SYS
Games -> includes all the .NDS and .SAV files
moonshell

I've done everything in the FAQ section.. and when i tried playing it, the game works AT TIMES, but mostly freezes?

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'll be happy to list the games if that helps.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you either have a contact problem or your microSD card is getting corrupted. Does it fail on certain games, or are you able to play a game sometimes and then other times the same game will fail? If the same game sometimes runs and sometimes fails, it's more likely that you have a contact problem.

If it's a corruption problem, you'll need to reformat your microSD card, and then make sure to always use "safely remove hardware" and make sure you have some free space on your microSD card to keep your microSD card from getting corrupted.

If you think it might be a contact problem, try putting some paper or thin cardboard in with the DSTT to help push the contacts towards the NDS contacts. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. If it turns out to be a contact problem, your best bet is to return it in exchange for a new one.

-Bri

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happens really frequently on DSTTs. I use to fix this by backing up everything on my SD, then reformatting it to FAT32 using Windows Formatter, then formatting it again with Panasonic SD Formatter.

But honestly, I hate the DSTT Menu because it's a load of crap and it's slow, so I replaced it with MoonShell2+YSMenu combo (:

You should try it, if you find it really bothering with the slow menu of the DSTT (Formatting it to FAT32 will make the menu slower than FAT; Even if it's already on FAT32, format the card again and it should work).

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never use the Windows formatting function as indicated in the video. Instead, always use the Panasonic formatter following the directions in the FAQ that is stickied at the top of the DSTT forum.

k3vin369, formatting it with Windows and then formatting it again with the Panasonic formatter doesn't do anything different than just formatting it using the Panasonic formatter. There is no reason whatsoever to use the Windows formatter for a microSD card.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.