Hacking DSTT save game corruption

Fellore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I recently got my DSTT card, and been playing around with it, but I have a problem with some of the games I've played, all save game of pokemon pearl, the world ends with you, etc are all being auto-deleted due to corruption, and there is nothing I can do about it. I;ve browsed dozens of forums and sites for answers but I've gotten none so far.

These are the things I've already done/discovered:

-Formatted SD card with panasonic formatter and installed the newest drivers (1.16)
-all my games are in their seperate folders inside a seperate "games folder"
-I;ve renamed the .nds gamefiles to a simple name (for instance the world ends with you = TWEWY)
-My SDcard seems alright, it's a Sandisk 2 GB
-Games like mario-kart and Bleach have no problem at all with savegames
-The SDcard was never even near to being full, at most it was about 20% full, never more

I'm at the end of the road, there is nothing more that I can do, only get another microSD card and check if that works, but I want to see if this one is fixable.

Thanks in advance!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, you didn't mention that you were using "safely remove hardware" before removing your microSD card from the PC. Make sure you use it every time, and that you're using it properly (i.e. hilight the microSD reader in the list and press the STOP button).

-Bri

Fellore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank for the replies,

Yes I always remove the SDcard with safely remove hardware, especially in this case.

If I use the flashchecker and fake recovery tools etc, there will be no risk for my DSTT cartridge and/or SDcard?

chall32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fellore said:
If I use the flashchecker and fake recovery tools etc, there will be no risk for my DSTT cartridge and/or SDcard?
I've used just the DsttFlashChecker to check all 3 of my kids DSTT's without any issues at all (they have all come back as genuine AND all brought from DX
ohmy.gif
). As all 3 of my checks came back with good results, I have no need to continue and or use the rest of the tools.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a suspected fake DSTT tomorrow / later on this week as a friend of my son's has a DSTT (also brought from DX) that is exhibiting the 2 white screens intermittent start up problem.

Chris

tony9595

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
this used to happen to me a lot too, I used to think that the problem was the DSTT, and the SD looked perfect, but then I bought a new SD card, and it´s now working perfectly, I have Kingston 2Gb now, and it´s perfect :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...