Hacking DSTT, rumble and ram expansion question

vibez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've bought a DSTT and EZ 3 in 1 expansion card. Unless i'm missing something, I am correct in thinking I have to either patch all my rumble games or use Rudolf's tool to enable rumble.

I'm a little upset as my rumble only card doesn't need such tools or patching.

Is there a rumble - expansion card that the dstt will work with rumble games without patching or need another tool? I'm not bothered about GBA loading.

kfckfc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vibez,

I had the same problem as you but s223355 response sorted it out see link:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70531

In short use Rudolph's tool version 1.9d to access GBA and Memory Expansion. To access rumble you also need to go to the root of the SD card where you will find the ttmenu.dat file; copy and paste this so you have two copies of ttmenu.dat. Rename the second 'ttmenu.dat' to SoftReset.TTIO and 'Bob's your Uncle'.

Good Luck

KFCKFC

vibez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I actually have rumble working but I don't like the idea of having to launch rudolf's tool each time I want to start a game. Plus rumble doesn't work with my favorite game Hotel Dusk.

I'm basically looking for a card that supports RAM and rumble but without all the fuss.

Anyone tried the ewin card?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
EWIN/DSTT Expansionpacks:

- GBA/RAM = GBA Works fine, RAM is a bit of a trouble, as the Ewintools provided to launch GBA / use Ram doesn't support soft reset back to the GUI of the DSTT

- Rumble//RAM = rumble works out of the box, no extra's needed RAM see above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1