Hacking DSTT problem

Izzyp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, heres the problem. i had my friend order a DSTT for NDS/NDSL. so when i got home, I put the MicroSD card into the provided USB adapter and plugged it in, and i got an error, i cant remember what it said, it just flashed and went away, but the computer wont read it. no matter how many times I plugged it in.

I have had an "all-in-one" card reader, but it never worked, but I finally got it to work today. So i plugged the MSD card into the provided Transflash adapter, i click on it, and all it says is "Please insert Disk". And it also gets pretty hot, so i know its reading. So i tried the card alone in the reader and nothing happens, "My Computer" stops responding, and, if I am LUCKY, I get a message saying something about an I/O error.

I also tried it in my NDSL, and it works, i think, I gave it about 5 min. and It stayed on the Loading screen.

please help me, I am so anxious to use it, but I can't
cry.gif

(in case you saw this in the R4 side, i found this one, and I hope to get more than 1 reply ^^)

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your DS is reading the card in the DSTT then it appears to not be a card issue. Does your computer support USB 2.0 (is it a newer computer or an older one) because if it does not then it will not recognize anything in that card reader since it is 2.0 compliant. If, however, it is 2.0 then it appears to be an issue with that card reader, especially since it gets warm. I tried the one that came with my TopToy as well and worked fine, it never got warm. However, you really have to make sure that the card is seated completely into that reader (i.e. nice and snug) or it wont read as well. I began to despise that reader and returned to the one that came with my R4. Hope some of this helps.

Izzyp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, It is a newer computer, i just got it Summer of 07. I have tried other things in the card reader, like one of my MS-Duo cards, and worked fine, I also tested my iPod in the USB slot and it read it fine. The only time that i ever found it getting hot was when i inserted it into the adapter for the SD/Mini SD/RS-MMC slot. I inserted it nice and snug like you said, i pressed firmly on the back, tried to wiggle it around a little with no give.

This is the product i have.
http://www.digimartz.com/dstt-card-tf-1gb-...ndsl-p-228.html

I just read the contents of the package, and found out that I did not receive the CD that says it comes with. Could that maybe be a problem? and if So (and even if not) where could I find it, I'm looking but so far all I can find is the product description

And another thing i found when i was looking things up, could it be possible that there is a connection problem? (just speculating every angle so i can see if I can get this to work. i have been waiting a long time to get one of these , and when it finally arrives it dosnt work...lol

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem with my Supercard CF, and it turned out to be a problem with the computer reading the memory card. So just try it on another computer and if that doesn't work then there might be something wrong with it.

Izzyp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went and tried it on my moms computer, and same results. when i used the adapter I got an I/O device error. and as for the formatting, i tried that, but if the disk is inserted, and I go into 'My Computer" and select the disk, "my computer" stopsresponding, even if I right click it, and even if I wait a while, a message appears about a timeout.

HereIsTom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
home.versatel.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I went and tried it on my moms computer, and same results. when i used the adapter I got an I/O device error. and as for the formatting, i tried that, but if the disk is inserted, and I go into 'My Computer" and select the disk, "my computer" stopsresponding, even if I right click it, and even if I wait a while, a message appears about a timeout.

Then the adapter is defect or the the MicroSD card. You can try another MicroSD card or another MicroSD adapter.
Or contact the dealer!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The micro reader that comes with the DSTT is crap. Lots of people have had problems with them. Go buy a new reader (they're very inexpensive). I knew that people were having problems with the readers when I bought my flash card, so I bought a Kingston that comes with a similar micro reader. Comparing the two, the Kingston is definitely better made. I've never tried the one that comes with the DSTT to see if it works, but the Kingston one works great.

-Bri

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DSTT and Kingston Micro SD adapters both work fine. The card reader on my pc will not read the Kingston adapter, and I have to connect a usb card reader, but that is a pc hardware issue. For what it is, I think the DSTT Micro SD card reader is pretty good.

Izzyp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the site says it has a return policy, but first my friend is gonna try it in her comp. to see if it works, and if not I'll just order for a replacement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes