DSTT Mooshell Exploit Files

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by sumarth, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2010

DSTT Mooshell Exploit Files by sumarth at 1:55 AM (3,321 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

i cant post this here, but go here ... http://www.ndstti.cn/55.html ... and get it ... its not the one i made, but the losers who dont have a life and want to jump through hoops set by snobby but talented coders with issues wont let me post it here.

im glad somebody used it ...

if you own a dstt, sell it to some idiot newbie for 30 bucks, and order a m3i zero from 0shippingzone.com or dealextreme.com

or you can ask "how high?" when a jerk coder tells you to jump

2. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

and, btw, could someone please test the new roms to make sure that 1.17a12 games work?

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Yeah, um...
    1). Don't distribute YSMenu
    2). linoul's loader is well known
    3). No offense, but there are better guides
    4). It works on up to 2.06, 2.07+ if you rename the loader to ds.YSloaderForMS2.nds and your ROMs to .ds
    5). This isn't an exploit

There is another way of loading commercial ROMs on 2.07+ I believe that DOES involve an exploit.
    I have not seen anyone mention it though.

4. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

thanks for your input
    you see, its easier this way

and people with a life probably dont want to read through alll that crap
    and whats the problem with distributing ysmenu?

the guide is stupid also, so damn long

5. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    Yasu doesn't want his files to be distributed unless from his site.this thread is lame

6. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    WOW this is the most fantastic thread EVER [​IMG]
    this is the first time i've seen someone WHO doesn't care about distrabuting ysmenu when thousands and thous=ands of posts SAYING DO NOT DISTRABUTE YSMENU

EVER!!!!!!

7. cogitech

Newcomer cogitech Advanced Member

Canada
    sumarth,

Thanks for posting this. I, for one, appreciate not having to jump through all those fucking hoops to get this to work.

I followed your easy steps and I am happy to have moonshell autobooting and roms running from moonshell.

Cheers!

8. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    The guide is very not stupid and gives users a decent step-by-step process so when they need to update their files, they can do it again quickly and with a fairly high success rate.
    The problem with distributing ysmenu is:
    1) Yasu doesn't like people handing out his stuff without going through his website.
    2) Yasu will stop developing ysmenu when he does find out that people are handing out his stuff without his permission.
    3) He owns the damn thing and probably could be protected by law because it is his (and yes, homebrew is legal, pirating is not).

Also the guide is separated into parts...all that you need to set up moonshell is all in a small section that takes less than five minutes to read and about the same amount of time to complete.

A better way you could have made it easier for everyone is to have links to the original downloads and then make a bat file that can work through everything like R4YSauto.

9. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    apparently some theads hsve said that yasu has alrady stopped developing on ysemu [​IMG]

10. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    Maybe you should find out, by putting in as much time and effort as Yasu did to code. Then maybe you might understand why people get annoyed when their works are redistributed.

11. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

i want to talk to this yasu fellow
    seems like a snob... im a great coder... now lets make things hard for people

12. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It's more of a statistics thing. Nearly every pice of non open-source software says "Pleas only download it from x"

And take that link away, because the reason everyone keeps repeating "do not distribute YSMenu" is that when people were distributing it before he stopped all work on it.

13. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

look. this is free software. under the gpl, the most common licence, people can redistribute it as long as its for free
    yasu did not even release his source
    if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues
    a ysmenu link is not even on a page that is available in english
    what does yasu want to do, make people jump through hoops?

yasu has stopped development on ysmenu anyway
    you know what, i dont have a dstt, and i should be saying "just get a m3i zero"like me, but no, i try to help

if yasu wants to through tantrums, why did he code this in the first place?

14. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    It's not under the GPL. Therefore, you can't redistribute it without his permission.
    Remove it now. Respect the programmer's wishes.

Perhaps you'd like to try coding something like YSMenu? I highly doubt you have any programming experience... Coding something just for someone to steal it from you is not something that programmers particularly enjoy.

15. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    a few beginners make the mistake of distributing YSMenu then someone says to remove it and they do then apologize. I'm sure Yasu wouldn't stop work on it because of this. You however are trying to argue that you have some right to distribute the software he worked hard on and has released for free despite the fact he specifically stated he only wanted it hosted on his site so people can see his other projects. Just take it down before a mod has to and you get a warn for debating about it

16. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    *facepalm...
    just remove it...

17. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    He didn't release the code.

18. sumarth
    OP

sumarth Newbie

look. this is free software. under the gpl, the most common licence, people can redistribute it as long as its for free
    YSMenu isn't GPL... i know, fool. but it should be

yasu did not even release his source
    YSMenu isn't Open Source... thats my point

if yasu feels like he became king when he made ysmenu, he has issues ... yes he does

a ysmenu link is not even on a page that is available in english
    Yasu isn't from an English speaking country... so i can help him with that

He is under no obligation to do anything for you. ... then i am not under an obligation to honor his wishes

what does yasu want to do, make people jump through hoops?
    Don't want to jump through the hoops? Don't use it. i dont. i have a m3i zero with sakura

Posts merged

He didn't release the code. he released the final product

you realize ysmenu is redistributed in many places

hmmm.. you all have issues with worshipping jerk programmers

and im sure yasu wouldnt be as upset as you fags

19. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Ah, internet coder drama..

20. wchill

Member wchill Resident chillxpert

United States
    IT'S NOT UP TO YOU TO DECIDE WHAT LICENSE A DERIVATIVE WORK IS LICENSED UNDER.
    YSMenu isn't under the GPL. A lot of good software isn't under the GPL. Sakura isn't under the GPL. Windows 7 isn't under the GPL.

Yasu made YSMenu for free on his own time with his own resources. He doesn't want it redistributed, you don't redistribute.
    Since YSMenu isn't under a copyleft license or anything, you NOR ANYONE ELSE has permission to redistribute.
    You say you got an M3i Zero with Sakura. Then go ahead and USE IT. We're not stopping you. You are under no obligation to be posting this either. You don't want obligations, don't post these. Tell people to use R4/TTYSAuto or a2h's R4 YSMenu Generator instead.

Yasu can stop development of YSMenu if he wants, when he wants. He is under no obligation to continue developing for it. It's within his rights to remove YSMenu from his site and such because of people who don't have respect for others.
    So what if he doesn't want to release the source code. Microsoft doesn't release the source code for Windows 7. They released the final product, but it's up to the programmer to figure out things for themselves if they want the source.

And by the way, you know Sakura? It was developed by Moonlight, the developer of Moonshell. The M3 team and him had some shit going on between them. That's why Sakura's GUI will never be as robust as Moonshell 2. It is due to people that have no respect for our beloved hard-working programmers that the entire scene and homebrew/pirating community is no longer as good as it used to be.

Also, REMOVE ALL LINKS TO ANYTHING CONTAINING YSMENU, UNLESS IT LINKS TO YASU'S DS PAGE.
    I see you tried linking to a clone site. They don't have permission to redistribute either. If you really did want to help, perhaps you could have made a batch script to set everything up for you. Everything except downloading YSMenu itself.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.