DSTT in-house! Pics and first impressions

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I did a review of the NeoFlash version and it isn't as thick as the DSTT. That's odd as I thought the carts were made by the same company, but build quality on both is different. From what I can see, thr Neoflash TTDS is just as easy to remove as an official game cart.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
microSDHC supports up to 32 Gigabytes at this stage, but 32 gigabyte cards arent even made yet or available on the market.

4 terabytes my ass.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly, where the fuck did you pull 4TB out from.
The theoretical limit is only 32GB.

Go to the link NonStopInTheMix posted http://www.emvee.ca/toptoy.php. Why couldn't they just give you a SDHC Reader not a Micro SDHC reader
unsure.gif
. A normal reader would be far more useful IMHO

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Another cool thing is that NeoFlash's firmware works on the DSTT and vice versa. So if one firmware doesn't work for you, you can use the other. I'd stick with NeoFlash's as it fits like an original game cart and the DSTT is a bit hard to remove. But Neoflash's it a bit more.... like $60!! Forget what I just said, get the DSTT.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
im not a fanboy or anything but which is as good as the R4

N-card and clones or the DSTT?

im still deciding which to get because i already own an R4

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
May I ask why and what would be the far better alternatives? I guess R4, M3 Real, EZ5 and CycloDS are the contenders. Subjectively, I do not care about Download Play, cheats, GBA (got an EZ4) and Wii connectivity; I care about GUI quality, game loading and save handling speed, DS compatibility and homebrew compatibility. Maybe I should start a thread of its own, but thanks for any eventual reply.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Today i recieved a review sample from www.MiniOnlineStore.com.

So now i have a:

- NeoFlash TTDS (Top Toy DS)
- MiniOnlineStore.com DSTT (Top Toy DS)

What catched my eye asap was that the DSTT wasn't lat at all like the NeoFlash TTDS, it had a slight bulb on it,

Looking closer at the contacts, i could see asap it was another PCB, but the TF from the TTDS worked without problems in the DSTT.

The 2 sides are glued toghether or something, so i didn't open the case of the 2, to see what's different.

Keep you updated, have to do a review first of it
biggrin.gif

qwertyasdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another cool thing is that NeoFlash's firmware works on the DSTT and vice versa. So if one firmware doesn't work for you, you can use the other. I'd stick with NeoFlash's as it fits like an original game cart and the DSTT is a bit hard to remove. But Neoflash's it a bit more.... like $60!! Forget what I just said, get the DSTT.

$60? Where do you get that from? NeoFlash is cheap too: http://www.emvee.ca/toptoy.php

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

$60? Where do you get that from? NeoFlash is cheap too: http://www.emvee.ca/toptoy.php

GOD stop advertising! And the point is, the DSTT is far cheaper than the neoflash one... You linked to a hella expensive site for DSTT carts... Go to dealextreme.com if you want to buy DSTT for cheaper ppl...
Is the DSTT on Dealextreme the neoflash version?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
A few questions...

Firstly, is there much if any difference between the actual specifications/features of the NeoFlash Version and the normal TopToyDS?

Secondly, I'm looking at either getting one of these, the M3DSReal or another R4... (For my sister). Which would have the better interface, keeping in mind she figured out how to use my R4? It just needs to be able to to anything the R4 can...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
A few questions...

Firstly, is there much if any difference between the actual specifications/features of the NeoFlash Version and the normal TopToyDS?

Yes and no.

The NeoFlash TTDS fits flush and has no things bubbling out, it's a s flat as a real gamecart.
The DSTT (don't ask me why the switch letters) has a bubble on the surface, making it harder to stick in and get out of the DS.

This makes you wonder about the Hardware, Well the cases are glued togheter, so i didn't open it up, but looking at the contacts of both cards i can see that both are not the same pcb. lines run different and i see small holes at different places.
(once tested and once i managed to get it open, i can compare the pcb)

Both use the same kernel, you can switch then even, without problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-