Hacking DSTT freezing problem

demonmz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
hey there,
I got a freezing problem with my DSTT and I dont think it was already solved. When i first bought my DSTT it was working fine all the games where working, but a week after it started freezing when I turn the DS on BUT I dont think its a problem from the microSD because even without it the DSTT still freezes.
It's making me crazy!
wacko.gif

please pleaaase answer me.
M.A

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try these steps:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.[*]Always keep the following in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
  • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
If that doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. You should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem.

-Bri

Hattor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i did have same problems, but i just today got my dstt and after few hours its freezing alot, i did fake test and its says i got fake: FAKE! (TT) EON EN29LV400. so what should i do?

demonmz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Thanks Bri but it didn't work. There is a paper shim trick I think but I don't get it. How do you use it? and is it safe?
unsure.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you check to see if you have a fake? If so, you may have destroyed it with fake killer firmware, in which case you'll need to run the DsttFlashWriter program to fix it (see step 9).

If the problem is that your DSTT isn't making proper contact with the NDS (a common hardware problem with the DSTT), you can try to insert some paper or cardboard into the slot alongside the DSTT to help push the contacts together. But frankly, it's not worth the trouble. Just return it to wherever you bought it and get a new one.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt