DSTT freezes sometimes or won't boot

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Solo761, Aug 12, 2009.

Aug 12, 2009
  1. Solo761
    OP

Newcomer Solo761 Member

Croatia
    I've had DSTT from DX for about a month. It that month I played with it for about 10-15 hours. But last week I noticed that it won't boot games when I turn it on, or better said, when I first turn it on. It's like this, I turn NDS on, DSTT menu loads, I select one game, press A to load it, that spinning cube thingy appears but it doesn't spin, it just stands there, and also, there is no progress bar. I used to turn it off, then back on and it would work fine. Next day same story repeats.

Today was little different. First freeze was as usual. Then when I turned it off and back on it froze before I could even try to load a game. It only displayed 4 of them and froze. After yet another reboot NDS didn' even boot it. It acted as there is no card in the slot. I ejected and reinserted the card few times (and of course rebooted) and finally it booted again, and this time it loaded the game.

The question is, is it crapping out on me already or could it be some simple issue? FW is 1.17a02, there are no cheats or other options turned on (like IGR), and so far it never froze in game. One another thing. From the first day NDS didn't recognize it if I inserted it while in NDS main menu. Only way to use it is to have it inserted in NDS before turning on. Then it boots to DSTT menu even if game start is set to manual instead of automatic in NDS menu. Is that normal for DSTT or...?

2. coopsy

Newcomer coopsy Member

United Kingdom
    Sounds like your cart may be a fake.

DSTT v17 has a fake code killer. This is designed to "brick" or "block" the chip. Either when you turn on your DS there may just be a white screen, or the health and safety screen freezes or is very faded..

If you think your chip is real then send it back to DX
    If you think your chip is fake then send it back to DX

Visit http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086 to check if yours is fake and bring it back to life (requires another DSTT)

3. Shorkio

Member Shorkio GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I've got that same problem too. I got fixed it when I Formated my MicroSD. Try do that and then it will work again [​IMG]

4. Solo761
    OP

Newcomer Solo761 Member

Croatia
    I checked it when I first got it. According to pics it looks legit. Also, I'm using 1.17a02 firmware, it has that fake killer code disabled, before that I used a01 version. I don't think I put original firmware on it even once.

DSTT flash checker returned
    Code:
    unknown device : C800C21F
    Good!! (^^)v
    whatever that may mean as it looks like contradiction to me :/.

I'll try formatting my card, although I don't see much point to that since it worked fine first two weeks with same SD card. I just put games on it and left it at that. Although I noticed that formatting of SD card is often recommended as fix for DSTT problems.