The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was asked before or if this is the wrong section of the forums, but I have a question.

I just recently got a DSTT so I'm sorta new to its functions and such. I got the games working and all, but certain cheats dont work for certain games, but some do for others. in example, in zelda phantom hourglass, the "all ship parts" cheat code shows up, but when ticked and activated, doesn't work...and I don't know why. (maybe something wrong with the cheat data itself?)

And I noticed .arp files on my sd card for games that i have used cheats on, and ive seen those specific files for both games where the cheats have worked, and for the zelda game i was speaking of, which doesnt work. Are the .arp files necessary in order for cheats to work? (my guess is yes.)

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks.
smile.gif

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
Sorry if this was asked before or if this is the wrong section of the forums, but I have a question.

I just recently got a DSTT so I'm sorta new to its functions and such. I got the games working and all, but certain cheats dont work for certain games, but some do for others. in example, in zelda phantom hourglass, the "all ship parts" cheat code shows up, but when ticked and activated, doesn't work...and I don't know why. (maybe something wrong with the cheat data itself?)

And I noticed .arp files on my sd card for games that i have used cheats on, and ive seen those specific files for both games where the cheats have worked, and for the zelda game i was speaking of, which doesnt work. Are the .arp files necessary in order for cheats to work? (my guess is yes.)

Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks.
smile.gif

try updating ur frimware to ttds v1.17 if it doesnt fix it download gbatemps cheat database at Cheats.gbatemp.net REMEMBER ITS
yaypsp.gif
USRCHEAT.DAT
Frimware ndstt.com
cheat: Cheats.gbatemp.net
arp files are just a junk the ttds creates it does nothing to the game
Hope i helped

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Im a fellow Dstt too I think i no what u did wrong Either u didn't use the cheat right like u if u didnt use an cheat enabler in the cheat menu or in the game u didnt input it right like try press L+R+select or start just try a randow combination in the game like when ur playing if u need more help tell me the cheats ur using ill check on my ysmenu. Hope it helps

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ah k thanks.

I'm using the the 1.17a01 firmware which is supposed to not kill your dstt if it were a fake, would that still work? (my dstt is real but I'm using that firmware, could that be a problem?)

And yea I have the latest .dat file named to usrcheat.dat

So is it ok for me to delete the .arp files?

thanks again.

EDIT: Grammar mistake

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ninchya said:
Hey Im a fellow Dstt too I think i no what u did wrong Either u didn't use the cheat right like u if u didnt use an cheat enabler in the cheat menu or in the game u didnt input it right like try press L+R+select or start just try a randow combination in the game like when ur playing if u need more help tell me the cheats ur using ill check on my ysmenu. Hope it helps

ah k ill try that out. thanks
smile.gif

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
ah k thanks.

I'm using the the 1.17a01 firmware which is supposed to not kill your dstt if it were a fake, would that still work? (my dstt is real but I'm using that firmware, could that be a problem?)

And yea I have the latest .dat file named to usrcheat.dat

So is it ok for me to delete the .arp files?

thanks again.

EDIT: Grammar mistake

Well u can use that frimware and since u got the new usrcheat.dat it must be the Cheat that wont work. but u can look em up and change em with r4cce i recommend google
biggrin.gif

i would give u links since i got lots of cheats pages but cant give since forum rules D:
and yes u can delete the arp file there just junk

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should update your firmware to the unofficial 1.17a02 (see the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for more details).

-Bri

The Viztard

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Great....I just realized that the comments that are supposed to tell you how to activate it didn't show, thought I just had to tick it.

Actually some comments on some of my cheats don't show, is there a reason why? And if they do show its sorta cuts off.

(But I got the cheat that I mentioned earlier that doesn't work to work by pressing L and R *which I could have only seen through the comments* so I'm happy.)

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
Great....I just realized that the comments that are supposed to tell you how to activate it didn't show, thought I just had to tick it.

Actually some comments on some of my cheats don't show, is there a reason why? And if they do show its sorta cuts off.

(But I got the cheat that I mentioned earlier that doesn't work to work by pressing L and R *which I could have only seen through the comments* so I'm happy.)

Well the comment almost never appears but i recomend u to when the cheat is activated and wont work try clickng L+R or Select+up should make it work
biggrin.gif
:D

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Well u can use that frimware and since u got the new usrcheat.dat it must be the Cheat that wont work. but u can look em up and change em with r4cce i recommend google
biggrin.gif

i would give u links since i got lots of cheats pages but cant give since forum rules D:
and yes u can delete the arp file there just junk
[/quote]

Not really, since when I deleted the arp file, the cheats got deactivated.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem before where the fake killer code cheat thing did not work on my version 1.17 dstt with fake killer code what i did was insert cheat.dat with the usrcheat.dat files both in the same place and with the same cheats and what do you know it worked =3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.