Hacking DSTT Card v R4ds

woof811

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone seen this new product just out was wondering if its any good and has anyone got one , seems cheaper than a r4ds with MicroSD SDHC Compatible memory !

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10400

woof811.

nds.gif

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You think that's good, wait 'til you see the price of the 2 gig bundle. I doubt very much they'll stay at that for long, and I suspect DealExtreme may be hoping to win over people who they can't directly sell an R4 to any more. It's a new product with unproven support, so my guess is they don't think they can get away with selling it for much more than a 2 gig N-Card clone until people other than just the early-adopters are buying them.

That price was just too tempting. I've got the 2-gig bundle on order right now, so I guess I'll see for myself eventually. One thing that's appealing about the DSTT is that although it's OEM'd by unknown parties, there are two different brandings of it and the firmware is interchangeable between them - no brand locking, no language locking, nada. Compare and contrast that with the R4/M3Simply/English/Chinese situation. The R4/M3Simply is by now well-enough established that I doubt it'll be orphaned any time soon, and the patchers are available to convert between different h/w and language versions, but the lack of version lock-down on the TT might make it less of a risk if either of the current distributors abandons it - or if new distributors take them on too, or if the hardware design is licenced elsewhere or just plain stolen/cloned.

Early days, but I think this is definitely one to watch. Don't think I'd generally recommend it to others just yet because I haven't used it yet, but hey, whatever the right tool is for the job - I got an EZ-V a couple of weeks ago because I'd never had a play with one, and it's since gone to a friend whose youngest child can't be trained not to hit the X button on an R4. Even if it turns out to have a few deficiencies in certain areas, it may well have strengths that make it the best cartridge for particular users.

Giangsta

Trophies
XP
Country
i've already ordered 2 from DX. I'm gettin this over the ncard and clones just because it looks a lot more pro (no offense but the ncards look pretty amateur) and is cheaper also

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
But it's called "Top Toy DS".
The included expansion packs don't even work with the current loader.
An M3 Real would be a better option, even though it cost's more.

The included expansion packs do work fine
Rumble works great out of the box
GBA works great out of the box with the gba loader ds application (GBALDR v1.4.0) Rapidshare link
RAM doesn't work out of the box.

The included expansion packs with the TTDS are the EWIN expansion packs!

pinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Card worked great out of the box (used the 1.07 version software on it, with a 4gb SDHC Sandisk Card). The only thing that has me worried is the card slot is "spring" loaded... we'll see how it goes! Menu system is nice but a little laggy compared to my v2 R4 (no spring).

Pinky

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
The thing that I really don't like about these new cards (TTDS, M3 Real) is that they only show 4 games at time in the game menu. Even though it's not that great looking, the R4 menu shows 16? 15? games at once. That's much more convienient to me.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The thing that I really don't like about these new cards (TTDS, M3 Real) is that they only show 4 games at time in the game menu. Even though it's not that great looking, the R4 menu shows 16? 15? games at once. That's much more convienient to me.
I completely agree. I think the cyclo is like that as well which is a shame.

jrdehaisx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will like to try the DSTT I just bought an EZ Flash 5, but still I will like to try the DSTT, the spring gives me the chills...

I have had an R4DS, but I sold it for $90 in my country so pretty much... well lucky me I can buy 3 of this to resale! jajaja

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I completely agree. I think the cyclo is like that as well which is a shame.

You can change it with the Cyclo. IIRC there are several file listings (list, icons, little icons)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s