DSTT bricked? Help please

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by MrArcade, Dec 16, 2010.

Dec 16, 2010

DSTT bricked? Help please by MrArcade at 9:37 PM (1,335 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. MrArcade
    OP

Newcomer MrArcade Newbie

United States
    OK, I was setting up a DSTT for my niece...

It was working fine...I added/deleted things from the microsd several times. Now when I turn on the DS lite it shows the picture of the microsd and says loading....and it doesn't go passed that point. If I put this microsd in another DSTT, it works fine...so I am thinking the problem is with the DSTT cartridge.

Is this what DSTT's do when they are bricked?

If so, I have a slot 2 cartridge in my sons DS lite for playing GBA games. Can I use that cart to help fix this DSTT?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

2. Black ace

Member Black ace GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    are you sure the micro sd is slotted in right?Also check if the contacts are dirty because that can cause the screen not to load

I had similiar problems but solved it with the paper trick,then the whole thing collapsed are a month(because i had it for 2 years)

3. MrArcade
    OP

Newcomer MrArcade Newbie

United States

What is the paper trick?

Like I said, this microsd works in other DSTT's....so I don't think anything is wrong with the memory card. It might be the contacts within the DSTT...I am not sure. I have never had a DSTT do this. I have had them say no memory card and I would reseat the microsd then it would work....but it sees there is a memory card....the menu fails to load.

4. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Maybe you installed the fake killer?No buy a new flashcart is always the last resort

5. Black ace

Member Black ace GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    When I said if the micro sd card was slotted in right I meant is the spring working fine? Also the paper trick is when you put a small piece of paper in front of the card when its slotted in to the ds.It pushes the card to the contacts to make it work. If you need a tutorial of how it looks like or how it works go on to the search function and search paper trick

6. testatura

Member testatura GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    like black ice sad,

and if it says loading then i suppose its working but something got corrupted,i usually throw all on my desktop format card using panasonic sd formatter, return all back and it works...

[​IMG]