Hacking DSTT 2 files 1 Rom

rossboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me. I have had my DSTT for a few days now and am very pleased with it. One problem i have been having with it though is that some roms have been listed on the DSTT's games list with 2 files. The second file is identical to the first file and spelt exactly the same but is only 4kb in size and if clicked on it just sits on a white screen. The original file runs fine but it just bugs me having a list twice as long for no reason. Oh yeah and when i look on the sd card on my computer i can only see the original file and not the second one! very confusing
wacko.gif

Any help would be great and i hope i have explained it well enough.
Thanks
Ross

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rossboo said:
Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me. I have had my DSTT for a few days now and am very pleased with it. One problem i have been having with it though is that some roms have been listed on the DSTT's games list with 2 files. The second file is identical to the first file and spelt exactly the same but is only 4kb in size and if clicked on it just sits on a white screen. The original file runs fine but it just bugs me having a list twice as long for no reason. Oh yeah and when i look on the sd card on my computer i can only see the original file and not the second one! very confusing
wacko.gif

Any help would be great and i hope i have explained it well enough.
Thanks
Ross

try show all files and folders on the computer and see if you can see the nuisance files if you can still not see them maby try formatting your mem card and starting over with a clean card
smile.gif

rossboo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried the show all files and cannot see them and i have also formatted the card. I just thought it was weird how it only did it with some and not others.

Thanks
Ross

Clean Sanchez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The second 4K files are a nuisance. They are hidden/invisible files and you'd not normally see them on your PC.

If you have some means of displaying these files then you'll be able to delete them. Might be difficult under Windows?

I use a 'nix operating system so I just zap them all with one command.

If I recall correctly the 4K files are identical except that they begin with a ".". On most computers this is like a flag to inform the OS that the files is hidden.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1