DSReader and unicode

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by PowerKiKi, Nov 21, 2008.

Nov 21, 2008

DSReader and unicode by PowerKiKi at 10:45 AM (1,654 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. PowerKiKi
    OP

Newcomer PowerKiKi Newbie

Switzerland
    Hello,

I came across DSReader a few days ago and it looks really great (using .ttf fonts is such a nice feature). However I want to read Korean books as well. I gave it a try and DSReader display rubbish. So I tried to convert the text file in unicode encoding and added the arial unicode font. Unfortunately it did not change much.

I ended up trying with Moonshell and if I set it up with Korean as local language, I can easily read korean books. Unfortunately Moonshell text reader display is way worse than DSReader (not antialiasing). So I really would like to make DSReader works.

Is there a way to properly read unicode text files with DSReader ?
    Or are source code available so I may help with this feature ?

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I've only ever been able to get DSReader to work with DOS-format ASCII text files. I don't think it really supports Unicode, or at least I've never been able to get it to work correctly.

3. PowerKiKi
    OP

Newcomer PowerKiKi Newbie

Switzerland
    do you know if it may be possible to contribute to the project or if the source code is available somewhere ? Or maybe where/how I can contact the author ?