DSPack v1.92

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Jul 11, 2011.

Jul 11, 2011

DSPack v1.92 by Another World at 6:57 AM (1,838 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    [​IMG]

Copper has updated DSPack to version 1.92. This update fixes a CRC issue between older ROMS and the new v0.143 MAME set. For a list of supported ROM files (from 1.8 to 1.92) see the project post, linked below.

[​IMG] Download
    [​IMG] Project Post
    [​IMG] Source

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    OK, so I went through the hassle to set this up (5 hours later, I figure it's all correct now....what a PITA though). While I didn't fully play every game, I did test to make sure every game loaded and started. Here is what I discovered so far.

Ms. Pac-Man and Ms. Pac Attack don't work. I've tried a couple different revisions of the mspacman.zip ROM and get the same result every time. The game loads and goes through all that initialization scramble stuff, then black screens. All other versions of Ms. Pac-Man seem to work fine, just not those two.

EDIT: I just verified the CRCs of both zips involved through MAWS, they match perfectly, but the games don't run.

Abscam has a minor bug.....if you go through the portal at the top of the screen, the playfield doesn't scroll down soon enough so you can see your guy appear at the bottom, causing a playability issue. Eventually, it will correct itself, but only after you move above the bottom line of the playfield.

Crazy Kong seems to be using an odd version of the ckong.zip....while I finally found a working one, most sites had a different revision, which made finding the correct one difficult to track down. You need the one that has the "falcon7" file in the zip.....most didn't.

EDIT: Removed my ranting and complaining about gathering all the ROMs and changed it to a bug report, which is more constructive.

3. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    my zip is from the mame v0.143 goodset, but it looks like that file hasn't been updated since v0.138u3. as long as your rom verifies against that set you should be fine.

thanks for reporting your bugs, copper has fixed all of the issues.

-another world