DSOrganize on AceKard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 28, 2009.

Apr 28, 2009
  1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Hi,

I just got an AceKard 2i, and so far it works great - all my games work, and so does most of my homebrew.

But a particular one - DSOrganize, is having issues. I can use the D-pad and A/B buttons to navigate the menus, but wherever I touch on the touch screen, it simply does not work. I don't know if somehow the AceKard disabled touch for that program, but I just can't get it.

I'm using AKAIO... though on the original firmware it did the same thing - only instead it FROZE if I touched the screen.

On that note, what's up with the homebrew apps that have a picture of a DS with a ? over them? Those don't seem to be runnable. Such include nesDS, and other older applications. Are there newer ones?

2. Christopher8827

Member Christopher8827 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    DsOrganise doesnt work properly for the Nintendo Dsi. You have to wait for a update.

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Aww, seriously?

For any flash card?

I suppose I can try that one other IRC client someone told me about... and I need to prod the developers of DSOrganize... (DSiOrganize maybe? [​IMG])

4. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

No this is not correct.

The latest version of DSOrganize works FINE on the Acekard 2i WITH a DSi.

BUT, only if you know what to do. I was having the same problems with this as I use DSO every single day to organize my life.

I found that if you are on a DSi, you MUST turn the Wifi OFF before booting up the DSO.
    If you leave the wifi on, DSO will glitch and/or not respond to touchscreen input.

If this still does not work for you, then hold down the A button while loading DSO.

5. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Um...

How can I use IRC with Wi-Fi off?

Or is it not possible right now?

Also, what's up with stuff like nesDS? Basically, instead of a real icon, it shows a picture of a DS with a ? over it. All those programs cannot be run - you click on them or press A and it just stays on the menu. Are there non-compatible homebrew or something?

--EDIT--

Yeah, you're right.

But the problem is, I actually make use of the IRC client on DSOrganize... so it's obviously not gonna work with Wi-Fi off. With the Wi-Fi on, I hold A (it starts in DMA-off mode with AKAIO), and still glitches.

Any idea if there's a fix for THAT problem?

6. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You can try holding down X instead as an alternative.

7. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Nope. Pressing X it still doesn't respond to me touching the screen.

I'm using ClIRC for now, as that actually works.

Anybody know about the DS with a ? homebrew?

8. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Watch out, there are fat file system errors by using the file browser. I tested a lot of homebrew, because thats the only reason for me to buy a flashcard and I checked out the following:

DSKiosk: I got a fat error when ever I started this homebrew. I wrote a notice to the creator, already.
    DSOrganize: I only tested the new version and there I couldn't hide files in the filebrowser and I read that there are also fat errors when copy / cut / paste files
    Scummvm: Only the newest version 0.13.1 and each beta of it are able to save files on my sd card. By using older versions I got an error saving games.
    clirc: Is working like a charm. Only sometimes the connections got lost and I couldn't reconnect.
    dsdoom: I started it only once and it seems to work, I didn't tried to save.
    moonshell beta 10: I started it out of akaio 1.4.1 with the newest loader and it runs kick'n as, I watched a converted anime film on it, already.

9. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I'm aware of the FAT problems in DSOrganize. I've had it actually corrupt files on my card, where the only way to remove them was to reformat it!

But like I said, I mainly used DSOrganize for the IRC feature... but I guess that's obsolete to ClIRC now. Heck, I'd add stuff to the calendar as a personal note and 2 minutes after turning off my DS it disappeared.

Has anyone tested nesDS? snesDS and SNemulDS both work but the NES one won't even *load*, it's not a ROM issue or anything...

10. italianmod

Newcomer italianmod Advanced Member

United States
    there is this topic about an unofficial DSOrganize version 3.3. Although there doesn't seem to be any updates on its progress (at least non that I found). Anyone have any idea on whats going on with this? It is kind of annoying to have to turn on/off the WiFi all the time.

11. Sketch

Newcomer Sketch Newbie

United States
    I have a regular DS Lite and an AceKard2i card. DSOrganize is giving me problems and will *not* load the file browser.

When attempting to load the DS Organize file browser on the AceKard2i it reads:

How can I fix this?

12. killajackson

Newcomer killajackson Advanced Member

Canada
    Try DSuite1.02. I don't think it is hosted here, but it works great and I currently use it instead of DSO because I don't use any of the homebrew features on DSO.

13. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    adding on about irc...

dso has irc added, clirc is an irc client. clirc supports minor scripting, onjoin events, multi-server connections, dcc gets/sends... it literally is an irc client for the nds.

-another world