Hacking DSONEi T-Flash Card Reader.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

First pulling the Micro-SD card out of my Gateway does not feel very good infact it feels like its going to knacker up some time also feels rather dodgy and with out multirom on board pulling the Micro-SD card in and out all the time surely its not doing it any good eventually, well I found inside my DSONEi box a T-Flash Card Reader and also the gateway fits into it perfect but when I plug into my laptop it just gives a red light and does not work. I was wondering is there a new set of drivers for it that I dont know about as I have not got my DSONEi card out for along time to get it to work again?, also I am using Windows 8.1 so is it not compatible anymore?. I was just wondering if anyone had come across it yet and got it working and how?.

Thanks.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I might be wrong but why would a 3DS Game Cart (Gateway) work on a DS Game Cart reader?

Its a Micros SD card reader nothing really different, if the card fits the slot then it might work all a reader is, is to read the card that is slot into it. Plus I think the cards are designed the same way I mean why not, the blue card works the same way as an R4 so why not the reader read the Micro SD card on a gateway card? I'm not saying it will but I thought maybe someone else might of come across it and got it working.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it's the same. If it was, then you would only need one cart for installing the profile exploit and booting 3ds roms instead of a blue cart and a red cart.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry its not a card reader at all the T Flash Reader is for firmware use for the DSONEi Firmware, Lol I feel silly. I thought it was to use to read the Micro SD card without having to keep popping it in and out of the card itself. Sorry about that my mistake! The little black 2.0 Micro SD card reader works though, shame you do have to keep popping the MSD card in and out all the time I would not of thought it would be doing either any good!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the micro sd just gets caught on the edge of the plastic sometimes on the gateway card, if you pull it out straight it wont happen, and really all it would damage is the plastic shell, you could just widen the slot if you cant remove it without pulling it out at a angle

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the micro sd just gets caught on the edge of the plastic sometimes on the gateway card, if you pull it out straight it wont happen, and really all it would damage is the plastic shell, you could just widen the slot if you cant remove it without pulling it out at a angle

Does feel very dodgy though I'm scared in case I break it! I wish they would hurry up with this multirom update its driving me mad keep having to change a game every time I want too!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
From what I recall the "card reader" which I assume you mean this thing:

jsh04.jpg

(the device on the right)

Doesn't actually work the way you think it does.

I used to own the DSONEi, and I distinctly remembering that device only purpose was to power the DSONEi so it can update firmware from a file on the microSD card. Basically, you put a update file on the microSD card, then plug the DSOnei cartridge into that thing, then it powers the cartridge long enough for the update to finish. There might be some communication going on so it knows when it finishes and the led light changes. I had to assume this device was useful for doing an update when a DS or DSi wasn't available. (back in the days before the 3DS)

It was also likely there so you can't brick the DSOneI by accident since if the DS no longer recognizes it, then you can update it with this. The DSOneI had two methods of updating. One via a homebrew firmware updater app provided by the SuperCard, and a second binary file with a specific filename that the firmware is hardwired to look for on boot (low level, so it was a behavior built into a read only section of the device). So you couldn't brick it even if you tried.

HOWEVER. I have personally dissembled this thing when I had it and checked the board. There is NO data connection what so ever on the USB side of the device. Only the power pins had a connection.

Basically the only purpose the USB end is to provide power. There's some minimal communication from the device to the DS cartridge so it can indicate the status of the update, but that's about it. It's not wired at all to communicate any data through the USB side much less pass through data from the MicroSD card.

So sorry, but it wouldn't matter what you plugged into that thing, it won't work the way you think it would. :(

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that is the one on the right its been such along time since I dug out my DSONEi I forgot what it did but a little research jogged my memory and yes your rite its a Firmware reader but to begin with I thought it was a way of reading the Micro-SD card without having to keep pulling it in or out of the actual card itself. Would of been handy that way though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.