DSLite dead?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rico007, Jul 19, 2010.

Jul 19, 2010

DSLite dead? by Rico007 at 7:31 PM (891 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Rico007
    OP

Newcomer Rico007 Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    I posted something regarding this on the NDS hacking forum here. But it was regarding another subject. I'm gonna copy/paste the original post so you have an idea how it all started.
    In that thread, I got a few answers regarding DS Bricking and and some battery information.

But now I return here, posting in a more appropiate forum, because now, the DSLite will not turn on at all. Plugged or not, game or not. The most it does, when it's plugged in and I try to turn it on, the power light turns on for a split second, and turns back off.
    I removed the game and the Stylus, and did a slight "shake test", and I hear something inside sounding that didn't when I shook it the first time I had the problem as stated above.
    I have tried to remove the battery cover and see if by chance the battery may be loose, but I cannot find a screwdriver (real of makeshift) small enough for the task. And thought I just now read the DSLite disassembly guide, I will not dare rip open my DS and void any possible warranty it may still have (Though I doubt it has any... it's been two christmas's and there's no receipt).

I'm just trying to see what could be the possible causes, to learn about the issue, and then maybe I'll end up contacting nintendo about fixing it there is no other hope. I don't trust the people around here who claim to be able to fix DSLites, and the most trustworthy one... is REALLY far away.

I don't want the gift from my girlfriend to be lost!!!! TT^TT (sure, I can buy another DSlite and keep the other as a memento, but still...No money XD)

2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
  3. devilguy370

Member devilguy370 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i lol'd so hard at fast response

4. Puregamer

Member Puregamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have this same problem... i think it has something to do with the LCDs rainbow wires. Don't blame your battery for it cuz it has nothing to do with ur battery. What i do to get around it is just smacking it against my palm or squeenzing the hinge area. So far that is the farthest i have gone to fix it, but i know it's getting worse everyday. Eventually you will have to contact nintendo to get it fixed but if you just want to get it fixed for the time being, smacking or shaking it should do the trick.

Im now forced to play my dsi on a brightness level higher then lowest or otherwise the top screen keeps dimming or the dsi randomly turns off.

Give it a good smacking [​IMG]

5. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    right, if your electronics don't work you should just smack them around a bit. that usually fixes the problem...

6. Rico007
    OP

Newcomer Rico007 Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    Well, I definitely am no gonna smack around my DS :wtf:

But if it's a fuse, which from what I read does indeed seem to be the case... I'll just send it to Ninty, I'm don't have good enough hand to work motherboards and solder and such...

Does anyone know what would be the repair fee, if any?

7. Puregamer

Member Puregamer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    its not the fuse, its just the lcd connection, im postive [​IMG]. Just smack it, it'll start working again. It happens with all electronics, loose connections, just smack it lightly, if possible...