Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
everyone is talking about how to use this exploit and which game to buy. i don't see anyone talking about the risks. what are the risks to the sd slot, the file system, the sd card, the dsi? is there a risk of bricking? no one seems to know or be talking about it. i didn't get my dsi xl for free and i'm not about to risk it for an exploit that runs a few homebrew files.

-another world

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another World said:
everyone is talking about how to use this exploit and which game to buy. i don't see anyone talking about the risks. what are the risks to the sd slot, the file system, the sd card, the dsi? is there a risk of bricking? no one seems to know or be talking about it. i didn't get my dsi xl for free and i'm not about to risk it for an exploit that runs a few homebrew files.

-another world
This doesn't probably do a single thing on the internal NAND, since it's just a "launcher" channel. The worst it could happen to your DSi, is a freeze (no biggie, just turn it off).
This is entirely done via software, no harm to hardware can come from it.

If this instead was permanent, then you could be sure that it was messing with the internal files.

And btw, this is Team Twiizers, not Waninkoko
wink.gif
I'm pretty sure that their system is bulletproof.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:

-another world
The absolute worst that's happened to my system is it crashed, and having to hold down the power button to shut it off.
I do have a guinea pig system for this though, I recently got a new DSi.

Anyhow everytime I turn the DSi back on it's absolutely fine.
...I wonder what would happen if someone tried to run the infamous taihen.nds bricker this way?
No way in hell I'd try it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
RupeeClock said:
...I wonder what would happen if someone tried to run the infamous taihen.nds bricker this way?
IIRC, taihen.nds hasn't worked since DS Lite with firmware V6+, since they shuffled over some addresses (or applied some kind of overwrite protection, can't remember).

Since the DSi's firmware is completely different, it shouldn't work anymore.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
raulpica said:
RupeeClock said:
IIRC, taihen.nds hasn't worked since DS Lite with firmware V6+, since they shuffled over some addresses (or applied some kind of overwrite protection, can't remember).

Since the DSi's firmware is completely different, it shouldn't work anymore.

And if i´m correct, Flashme updates your DS fw to FW8 (using the latest flashme)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'd like to hear one of the team members say its safe to use and there is NO risk of bricking anything. there could be that 1 file that causes issues because its coded like shit or tries to do something. i couldn't be sure until i went through the code for each project, and honestly who is going to do that?

Schlupi said:
Any way to buy Nintendo Points with PayPal in the USA?

some sites you can buy a prepaid visa card using paypal, then buy the dsi cards from a store like target, gamestop, etc. i usually buy my cards from amazon.com, i think they have a paypal option (i honestly can't remember). amazon is nice because if you get 2 they ship them for free and charge no tax =P.

-another world

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i'd like to hear one of the team members say its safe to use and there is NO risk of bricking anything. there could be that 1 file that causes issues because its coded like shit or tries to do something. i couldn't be sure until i went through the code for each project, and honestly who is going to do that?

Schlupi said:
Any way to buy Nintendo Points with PayPal in the USA?

some sites you can buy a prepaid visa card using paypal, then buy the dsi cards from a store like target, gamestop, etc. i usually buy my cards from amazon.com, i think they have a paypal option (i honestly can't remember). amazon is nice because if you get 2 they ship them for free and charge no tax =P.

-another world

Unfortunately, Amazon.com does not take Pay Pal. They have their own banking service, and I think they take Google's service as well, but not Pay Pal. They will let you link a credit card or a Pay Pal debit card or similar cards to it, though. It's how I order my PS2/PSP games.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow a real DSi exploit that's out and that we can use! I don't see much of a use for this but it does portend of great thing to come.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Since a lot of people are going to get 1000 or 2000 points just for this, what would be some good games on DSiWare for 800 points? Actual fighting games would be nice, i.e. not Photo Dojo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.