DSiWare Downgrade - Stuck on getting HomeBrew Going

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BigCalhoun, Nov 4, 2016.

1. BigCalhoun
    OP

BigCalhoun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    United States
    I'm 3 hours into this...

I have a N3DS on 11.2 that has CFW. I've been following Plailect's guide and have gotten to Section 8 — I was able to download the NFIRM on a N3DSXL that is also on 11.2. I don't know what I need to do to get HomeBrew going. I was under the impression that Steel Diver would transfer during the system transfer and I'd be able to use steelhax but that hasn't happened. I redownloaded Steel Diver on the target system and used the SD card from the source but everytime I try to launch, it gives me an error and reboots the system.

Am I missing something or do I need to go another route to get homebrew going?

2. nolanjurgens

nolanjurgens Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2008
    United States
  3. JCCG1989

JCCG1989 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Mexico
    Any posibility to get another know entry point?

4. BigCalhoun
    OP

BigCalhoun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    United States
    No. I thought I had everything I needed.

5. rubycrow

rubycrow Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2016
    United States
    Did you update Steel Diver? If so, delete the update.
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or it is easy to just get a Cubic Ninja which saved me a lot of trouble. And you can resell it after.

Last edited by rubycrow, Nov 4, 2016
  6. BigCalhoun
    OP

BigCalhoun Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2016
    United States
    Steel Diver didn't come over in the System Transfer. Field Runners copied over and I was able to use that downgrade the NFIRM. But I haven't figured out a way to get HomeBrew launched on the target since Steel Diver didn't copy over. I restored NAND on the source 3DS so I'm at least whole there (aside from the NNID). I'm trying to figure out how to proceed with my target 3DSXL

7. JCCG1989

JCCG1989 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Mexico
    You can use any alternate entry point like cubic ninja or oothax, thats why I asked.

8. beavis68

beavis68 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2016
    Malaysia
    steel diver is store on the SD/micro sd. After the system transfer put the "source 3ds" micro sd into your target 3ds and the steel diver will appear like magic.