DoHxBoY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am about to complete 3 DSiware Downgrades using one hacked O3DS and was wondering...

Can I complete this with one purchased copy of a DSiware game? Or will I need to purchase a DSiware game after every system transfer?

Guess I am wondering if the legitimately purchased DSiware would be part of the restored hacked sysnand and could then be retransferred to each other O3DS.

Thanks in advance all :D

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
you can wait 7 days use downgraded system to downgrade again if you restore a nand backup its no more legit

use noob paradise next time

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I am about to complete 3 DSiware Downgrades using one hacked O3DS and was wondering...

Can I complete this with one purchased copy of a DSiware game? Or will I need to purchase a DSiware game after every system transfer?

Guess I am wondering if the legitimately purchased DSiware would be part of the restored hacked sysnand and could then be retransferred to each other O3DS.

Yes, the game gets transferred.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

Yes but I'm pretty sure you'll have to wait 7 days each time.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
That's of course, if I want to save a massive $10 right? I'm assuming if I just rebuy the game each time, I can do them back to back.
The only way to do this without the 7 day cool-off is to have 3 spare cfw 3ds's. Otherwise, just use a single copy of fieldrunners and "pass it along" from system to system every 7 days. Just to be safe, make sure you downgrade each 3ds before transfering to the new system.

My guess is Nintendo will issue 11.1 before you can do 3 systems.

Last edited by zoogie,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he has to install a9lh and cfw on the system before each transfer since he has to be on 11.0 to perform the transfer.

So i gues
CFW 3DS > Normal 3DS > Install CFW > Pass to next 3ds > Install CFW > Pass to new 3ds.....

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, it can be done on regular CFW with an emuNAND. A9lh isn't strictly required. And I'm not sure, but, I don't think you need to have CFW or anything on the 3DS before transferring as it will still have the save file from before, but of course there isn't a way to tell if the firm downgrade went through successfully so safer to do the whole downgrade before passing on the game and NNID.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it can be done on regular CFW with an emuNAND. A9lh isn't strictly required. And I'm not sure, but, I don't think you need to have CFW or anything on the 3DS before transferring as it will still have the save file from before, but of course there isn't a way to tell if the firm downgrade went through successfully so safer to do the whole downgrade before passing on the game and NNID.
So has anyone ever tried a system transfer with emunand?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did, when new 3ds consoles were limited to 9.5 emuNAND and had to do a few tricks to make it work.
Oh well i didn't know, i honestly thought no one ever tried system transfer with emunand :)
Usually entering options menus reboot system to sysnand so i didn't think it was possible. Glad to know that now.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh well i didn't know, i honestly thought no one ever tried system transfer with emunand :)
Usually entering options menus reboot system to sysnand so i didn't think it was possible. Glad to know that now.
Only on exiting system settings or going into SD card manager and back out.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So has anyone ever tried a system transfer with emunand?
I did it for a few friends and it works without problem with MenuHax with Boot Manager, however if you transfer to the EmuNand as the target system it reboots in the System Nand instead, but you can desactive Wi-fi in Original 3DS Normal and Original 3DS XL or in others models before delete that Internet Connection in the System Nand the it will fail and reboot the System in Home Menu again and loading MenuHax again if you go to the EmuNand again ti will be in this part of the System Transfer.
The only you can don"t do is restore DSiWare in this because you can"t remove the SD Card, but you can put the Nintendo 3DS folder of the other console after all is done and if there was stored in the SD copy"s of that DSiWares you can restore them from System Setting in Management Data.

DoHxBoY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he has to install a9lh and cfw on the system before each transfer since he has to be on 11.0 to perform the transfer.

So i gues
CFW 3DS > Normal 3DS > Install CFW > Pass to next 3ds > Install CFW > Pass to new 3ds.....

Correct, you technically don't "reinstall CFW", you just restore from the final SysNAND-AL9HAX.bin backup and you are in business.

But yeah, I was under the misconception that the 7 day wait time only applied if you had an NNID linked; it did in fact initiated a 7 day cooldown even without NNIDs involved.

you can wait 7 days use downgraded system to downgrade again if you restore a nand backup its no more legit

use noob paradise next time

Since DSiWare is stored in the sysNAND, the backup that is created before the system transfer still contains the DSiWare; so if what you are saying is true, it's now a "illegitimate" game since the "legit" game has been system transferred correct?

So, what do I do now to prepare for the next transfer? Do I simply delete the "illegitimate" fieldrunners and repurchase it from the shop?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Correct, you technically don't "reinstall CFW", you just restore from the final SysNAND-AL9HAX.bin backup and you are in business.

But yeah, I was under the misconception that the 7 day wait time only applied if you had an NNID linked; it did in fact initiated a 7 day cooldown even without NNIDs involved.

Since DSiWare is stored in the sysNAND, the backup that is created before the system transfer still contains the DSiWare; so if what you are saying is true, it's now a "illegitimate" game since the "legit" game has been system transferred correct?

So, what do I do now to prepare for the next transfer? Do I simply delete the "illegitimate" fieldrunners and repurchase it from the shop?
The NNID that owns the game has to be on the source system and logged in if you want it to transfer.

DoHxBoY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NNID that owns the game has to be on the source system and logged in if you want it to transfer.

I do not have a NNID signed into or associated with either of the 3DSs, so assume it's some other form of system ID that is transferred in the system transfer.

Either way, instead of risk having to waste another 7 days because the DSi game didn't transfer, I'll just restore my sysNAND to before I purchased it in the first place or system format and purchase it again before doing the next transfer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte