DSIWARE .cia installation?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DoJo_Master, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoJo_Master
    OP

DoJo_Master GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2013
    Canada
    Simple question, can I install a DSIware game via cia? If not is there any other way to install backup DSIware apps?

2. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    you can install them yes.
    but it will not work. sorry. all the public hacks that we use to play things that we install, they break ds mode stuff. maybe one day when that gets fixed we can play.

3. DoJo_Master
    OP

May 7, 2013
    Canada
    Oh ok, that sucks

cearp likes this.
  4. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    TWL_FIRM must be patched to allow that as that is what handles DS/DSi mode stuff. (GBA VC stuff uses AGB_FIRM and will need it's own patching as well). Currently it is not. Theoretically, Gateway could patch it in a manner similar to how they patch NATIVE_FIRM to allow unsigned 3DS stuff. Provided that the 3DS doesn't force a hard-reboot when launching DS/DSi mode (as gateway won't have a way of hooking into it unless they find a new exploit for TWL). If that is the case an exploit in boot rom would be needed and that probably won't ever happen.

But you'll be stuck with their standard "soon™" response on when to expect that to happen. :P

DoJo_Master likes this.
  5. ninjanick999

ninjanick999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2014
    United States
    They said they were going to do this at one point, but no one knows when they're actually going to do it.

6. DoJo_Master
    OP

May 7, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks guys! also well this thread is still up, how can I convert .cia to .3ds?

7. DoJo_Master
    OP

May 7, 2013
    Canada
    Nevermind, can I request a take down of this? thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.